Pana FZ18 pictures

demarrendemarren Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited June 6, 2008 in Cameras
This pictures are just test pictures,no altering.
I findt the picture qality realy good for suth an smal censor.
Afcours my Dslr are better,but thad is not the point.
The 18 X zoom is Exscelent,thad cannot be sayed of the censor.

Until Iso 200 it is ok but abouve thad,picture qality drop fast.

But the 18X zoom is exelent no CA or corner softness.
Distortion is ok to.

The FZ18 is veery snappy,and thad is an good sign.
here two pictures.

Furst is wide around 27/28/mm

307202099_dWeNT-XL.jpg

Second picture is somtinge between.

307202078_23aNQ-XL.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    I'll move this to Cameras since you're testing out technical stuffs. thumb.gif
  • demarrendemarren Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    I'll move this to Cameras since you're testing out technical stuffs. thumb.gif

Ok thank you,sorry for my mistake :)
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited June 5, 2008
    Demarren,

Thanks for posting these. Digicams have come a long way since they first appeared and the "super zoom" cameras are an important segment that continues to amaze me.

504mm (equivalent) and f4.2 with an optical IS is nothing to make fun of and may alone justify the cost to some people.

The addition of RAW and an incredible number of shooting modes and parameter tweeks can keep anyone busy. Now if they had only included a hotshoe ...
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    nod.gif

I sometimes wish I had gone with the FZ18 instead of my S5 IS. Either way, the superzoom certainly is a ton of fun to use, and I've managed at least a couple of decent pictures with it.
    edited June 5, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Demarren,

Thanks for posting these. Digicams have come a long way since they first appeared and the "super zoom" cameras are an important segment that continues to amaze me.

504mm (equivalent) and f4.2 with an optical IS is nothing to make fun of and may alone justify the cost to some people.

The addition of RAW and an incredible number of shooting modes and parameter tweeks can keep anyone busy. Now if they had only included a hotshoe ...

You right,but then,the cost get higher.
    Wat I like more,are better censors for suths camera's.
    The time of tiny CCD is a thing of the past.
    Picture qality would benefit with an larger censor,or better techniek.
    Was it not Fuji thad makes an censor with good high Iso.
    Wat I felt,is thad Iso 6400 on an bridge camera,not making things better..
    I thond understand why put thad in place,if you know its word nothing.

the FZ18 is no dslr,but it is fun to shoot with,the zoom,and glas is exelent.
    If the censor was half so good as the lens ,I stop using my dslr,s :)
    edited June 5, 2008
    Grainbelt wrote:
    nod.gif

I sometimes wish I had gone with the FZ18 instead of my S5 IS. Either way, the superzoom certainly is a ton of fun to use, and I've managed at least a couple of decent pictures with it.

I have the S3,with is an fine camera,exept for CA and abit softness in de corners.

panasonic can removed in camara software,where canon cannot or wil not do :)
    A pitty for otherwise a good camera :)

But every camera have some flaws.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Good to hear about this camera. I think it's a nice camera.
    Like most small CCD sensors used in digital cameras, noise is very bad after ISO 200. I think you'll find this about the same in all digicams except a few fuji's that use a different sensor.

Nice to hear about the lens having no CA though. A much more expensive Fuji f1000s (IIRC) that has a bigger sensor has lots of CA per dpreview and from a fellow shooter that has that camera.
  • Glory2Jesus4PhotographyGlory2Jesus4Photography Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    congrats on the FZ-18 I hope you can enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed my FZ-50 Even though the small sensor of this style of camera does have its limits they are far out weighed by how handy and useful of camera it is.
    I know my spelling and grammar are poor some times my spell check says "I got nothing
    for you" and there/ their is no grammar check yet so please forgive me Jesus did.
    My Web site:
    http://Glory2Jesus4Photography.smugmug.com/
    My blog: http://glory2jesus4photography.blogspot.com/
    edited June 6, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    Good to hear about this camera. I think it's a nice camera.
    Like most small CCD sensors used in digital cameras, noise is very bad after ISO 200. I think you'll find this about the same in all digicams except a few fuji's that use a different sensor.

Nice to hear about the lens having no CA though. A much more expensive Fuji f1000s (IIRC) that has a bigger sensor has lots of CA per dpreview and from a fellow shooter that has that camera.

Yes thads is richt.
    The FZ18 is an exelent camera from wide to tele.
    but I whiz not sure if it spelled thad way.
    the FZ 18 had an better low noise CCD.
    But meaby thad is the clue,
    Imaging an super CCD with iso as clean as Iso 100 at 3200
    I think wat I gone tel my wife to get an new camera then,hehe :)
    edited June 6, 2008
    congrats on the FZ-18 I hope you can enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed my FZ-50 Even though the small sensor of this style of camera does have its limits they are far out weighed by how handy and useful of camera it is.

Thad was the point to buy thad camera.
    tnx.