The New Kids Daughter

kasatykasaty Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 8, 2008 in Landscapes
Hello there,
my name is brenda and I am the daughter of Tom. That means nothing to most of you I realize but...my dad has been doing photography his whole life and I have taken interest in both his work and learning all I can from his talents. I recieved a cannon rebel for my birthday and decided to take it out for a test run. These are a few of my very first attempts at landscape photography. As a beginer I can honestly say I have no idea what i am doing. Any advice, compliments nice or not so nice would be appreciated.

306404724_uBako-L.jpg

306407386_D2Ev2-L.jpg

306410475_LAsMY-L.jpg

306418101_sVZbR-L.jpg

306414545_9dBff-L.jpg

306420231_qtHTh-L.jpg

306413366_JECm2-L.jpg

Comments

• dieterdieter Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Hey Brenda,

Such fun seeing you photos on the forum! I'm new to this game myself, so I'm hoping we can both use this forum to refine our skills, and just have some fun in the process.
    Tom
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Hi Brenda and welcome! You have a keen eye for composition as is really obvious here. I'm sure you and Tom will fit right in and if you need help just ask around. Keep shooting and posting! wave.gif
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Welcome! :D

I can't speak for others here, but I personally don't know what I'm doing, but that doesn't stop me!

Your first shots look a lot better than my first shots did, you definitely have an eye for composition (like schmoo said), everything else will follow from that, just the fact that you're looking up to shoot things instead of straight on is an improvement over most beginners.

Keep with it, it only gets worse (don't get me wrong, the photos get better, but the cash flow takes a beating!)

A few comments on the flower photos, they were taken in bright sunlight, which can work (there are some beautiful backlit isolated flower shots that come to mind), but usually they look better in overcast light when there's less shadows. I'm not sure where you're from, but in Seattle, we have plenty of overcast days to test that theory out.
  • kasatykasaty Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 6, 2008
    Thank you all for your comments....anymore that any of you have would be appreciated!!
  • dieterdieter Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    kasaty wrote:
    Thank you all for your comments....anymore that any of you have would be appreciated!!

Hey Brenda! As the new kid's "chip off the old block" as the saying goes, I loved seeing your pictures! You indeed have a great eye for detail, and I see your roots in your Dad's work! I am so proud of your efforts, so keep on taking pictures and having lots of fun! Love, Mom
    Tom