HELP. How Do I Create A Page with Sentences and Pictures

sirgraysirgray Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited June 4, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi everyone,
I'm not a very good programmer. But I have a project that I need to complete pretty fast and I don't know what to do. I'm try to create a gallery that's sort of a BIO gallery for different people on different pages. Each page will have sentences and photos. Can someone show me an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Sirgray

Comments

• Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    You could do it in journal view....
    and type the info in as the caption. Maybe....
    sirgray wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm not a very good programmer. But I have a project that I need to complete pretty fast and I don't know what to do. I'm try to create a gallery that's sort of a BIO gallery for different people on different pages. Each page will have sentences and photos. Can someone show me an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Sirgray
  • sirgraysirgray Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 4, 2008
    Rene` wrote:
    and type the info in as the caption. Maybe....
    Thanks Rene. I just tried a short example and it's what I need. But can I put two or three pictures on one page and put words around them as well. Does any have any examples?

Thanks again,

sirgray
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited June 4, 2008
    sirgray wrote:
    ...But can I put two or three pictures on one page and put words around them as well. Does any have any examples?
    Easiest thing to do is to use a journal-style gallery. You can look at the guestbook on my site for an example. Or you can create an html-only page to look any way you'd like it to look.

For another example of a journal-style gallery, this one with multiple photos, take a look at http://www.denisegoldberg.com/gallery/3175657_h2V6S

Allen has some great tutorials to help with things like html-only pages. Take a look at this one for multiple photos plus text on a page - http://allen-steve.smugmug.com/gallery/3539056.

--- Denise
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    sirgray wrote:
    Thanks Rene. I just tried a short example and it's what I need. But can I put two or three pictures on one page and put words around them as well. Does any have any examples?

Thanks again,

sirgray
    Might try this link also. Everything on the page is in the gallery/album
    description. Any number of photos can be inserted anywhere within the text.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog