woot, Canon Digital Rebel XT is in the house

BuddyBuddy Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited July 23, 2008 in Cameras
I've been waiting for the price to drop. :D It's all I need to get adjusted to the world of DSLR. It came with the 18-55 lens kit. I already want a zoom :D
307324738_9dt4h-S.jpg

307325699_RQg8k-S.jpg

307327695_AuSni-S.jpg

Just playing around with the "stupid" settings. I'll read the book tonight after dinner :D

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,080 moderator
    edited June 5, 2008
    Congratulations on the new camera. clap.gif

Coming from the Kodak camera in your profile this is going to be an enormous improvement in responsiveness.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • BuddyBuddy Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Congratulations on the new camera. clap.gif

Coming from the Kodak camera in your profile this is going to be an enormous improvement in responsiveness.

yep, I already see the difference. I've been a point and click type and almost jumped on the XT when it first came out. I tend to lurk here to read and learn. I have also talked to some local pro's about different cameras. I came to the decision that I should just wait till newer models came and let the price drop. 8 MP is perfect for what I shoot and print. The XT will be a great camera to learn the art of photography. As all you wise photogs say, it's the lens stupid. I'm thinking about taking a class at a local CC :D

got a lot to learn :D

stupid mode flash vs no flash
    307691827_4QveS-S.jpg

307693349_sSE3k-S.jpg
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    You will love your camera --- I love mine :D

Love the photo of your kitty all stretched out.
  • MossManMossMan Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 23, 2008
    Buddy wrote:

stupid mode flash vs no flash

307691827_4QveS-S.jpg

what happenend to that cat's head? eek7.gifrolleyes1.gif

I've got this camera too and it's been a lot of fun. The instant feedback is a real bonus over shooting 35mm and taking notes. mwink.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    clap.gif I still remember when my xti arrived
    Congrats !!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    Recommendation of a first lens for a beginner: the super-cheap 50mm/1.8 or better still, the 35mm/2.0

You'll get fixed lenses (no zoom) that really force you to think about what you're shooting, because it puts constraints on you.

Also, these lenses are *fast*, so you'll often be able to shoot indoors with available light (no flash). This is great for natural-looking portrait photography.

I made the mistake of buying the cheapo 75-300mm USM. Do not buy this piece of junk.