Up close & personal

306104374_TeVxf-M.jpg

306105202_Knyej-M.jpg

306104751_MckLq-M.jpg
Rags

Comments

• kelsowkelsow Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    WOW, I would love to ride and take pix there someday.
    Thanks for posting.
  • Option1Option1 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    Oh gawd, I can't imagine cleaning myself nor my camera after shooting something like that. Sheesh, I'm sure I could dust on my sensor while shooting in a clean room and not changing lenses.

Lovely pics btw. :)

Neil
    :: Sports: CompetitionImages.com :: Words: Blog :: Nature: www.motifwebs.com ::
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    Yup. Not the place to be changing lenses.... I wipe my lens after each series and the sensor when I get home ... which is not often enough... :D
    Rags
  • 2whlrcr2whlrcr Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    Love the ones where the vehicle is clear and the dust is behind. The shots with cloudy dust in front, are just wasted shots to me.

I've shot MX in these conditions and know what a drag it is and how the dust never seems to settle, before the next guy comes by and kicks up some more.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    Yeah, the dust shots aren't "artworthy"; they are what I call event shots.

I go to a event to shot a race, but the event has additional color for the experience. That color could include dust, pictures of crowds or faces of racers.

Hell I know my shots aren't going to be on a calendar, but when I look back I can enjoy the event again. Just my .02.

I mean you can't believe how many thousands come to watch a couple of bar chicks wrestle in cole slaw during bikeweek at Daytona. :D
    Rags
  • achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    What I wouldn't give to just be cleaning up a little dust. My problem is mud, it gets everywhere, I should take a pic of my camera after a night of shooting. Event shooting can sure be fun though.

309257911_TduSu-L.jpg
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."