New 40D - First Photos!

dladla Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited June 5, 2008 in Cameras
I just wanted to thank you all for your help choosing my new camera, I'm extremely happy with it. I can't recommend the 40D more.

Here are some of my first photos with the new camera, hopefully the first of many to come:

307465702_rAbFP-X2.jpg

307466327_KS8io-X2.jpg

307466695_YVzQZ-X2.jpg

307466012_g2XHT-X2.jpg

Comments

• VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Wow, stunning, I really love the first one especially, great details, and I like how you do to the dog's eye level to take the shot. Your first photo already looks this good eek7.gif I really dont think you're a noob in photography headscratch.gif.

What lens are you using? I have a 40D also.
  • dladla Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    It's a new 40D, but I was moving up from a Rebel XT... I'm still pretty new at this though.

The dog photos were all with my 70-200 F4L, the church shots are with the 17-85 IS USM.
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    dla wrote:
    I just wanted to thank you all for your help choosing my new camera, I'm extremely happy with it. I can't recommend the 40D more.

Here are some of my first photos with the new camera, hopefully the first of many to come:

Congratulations thumb.gif Some fine shots there. I am also going to buy a 40D
    soon and posts like yours keep me excited. I'm so locking forward to the
    camera.
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • dladla Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    You'll love it, it's a huge difference moving from a Rebel XT to a 40D. Just a joy to use.
  • VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    dla wrote:
    It's a new 40D, but I was moving up from a Rebel XT... I'm still pretty new at this though.

The dog photos were all with my 70-200 F4L, the church shots are with the 17-85 IS USM.

Ah, that explain everything :)

I just got the 40D myself, and I love it clap.gifBeen saving for few years for a DSLR, and finally decided to get 40D couple months ago, a decision that the only regrets is, why didnt I get it earlier ...