Options

slideshow

mcce1mcce1 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have the standard smugmug set up.
Is it possible to automatically draw your slide show from several galleries?
If so how?

Comments

• Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    You can do it with keywords
  • Options
    mcce1mcce1 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 11, 2008
    Re: slideshow
    mcce1 wrote:
    I have the standard smugmug set up.
    Is it possible to automatically draw your slide show from several galleries?
    If so how?

Thank you for your reply.
    I need to be able to run several sub galleries consecutively without having to select them. I am not sure how this could be done with keywords. Actually I want to be able to send the address to other people and have them be able to see the several galleries or sub categories together one after the other so that they would that see the slideshow as one.
    Is this possible?
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    mcce1 wrote:
    Thank you for your reply.
    I need to be able to run several sub galleries consecutively without having to select them. I am not sure how this could be done with keywords. Actually I want to be able to send the address to other people and have them be able to see the several galleries or sub categories together one after the other so that they would that see the slideshow as one.
    Is this possible?

The simplest way I know of to do this is the just copy ALL the images you want in the slideshow into a separate unlisted gallery and send them a regular slideshow link to that gallery. You make the gallery unlisted so it won't mess with your regular public site. This, of course, involves having a second copy of the desired images on your site (either by re-uploading them or copying from the current gallery).

You can also put a particular keywords on all the images you want in the slideshow and then have the slideshow draw all the keyworded images. Here's a post that describes how to do that.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question