FS (conUS): Canon 300mm f/2.8 Non-IS ....

cecilccecilc Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited June 10, 2008 in House of Canon
Hi all ...

I have a Canon 300mm f/2.8 Non-IS lens for sale for an even $2300.00 ....

My history with this lens is very short ... I bought it used in early May for ONE trip/assignment for a week in May. I used the lens that week in Texas on my assignment, came back home with it ... and it's sat in my house since then - I haven't used it at all since mid-May. So I've decided to sell it because I'm not using it. I will say that the lens worked like a gem for my trip/assignment - it performed just like you'd expect a Canon 300 2.8 to perform. The shots were great; I had absolutely no problems or complaints about it. The autofocus works well; the manual focus is smooth; all of the controls on the lens worked .... basically, it worked just like it was supposed to work .....

Photos of the lens are below. The ONLY flaw with this lens is the hairline crack in the lens hood on the end that actually attaches to the barrel of the lens (3rd photo below) ... and that was a "pre-existing condition" that I knew about before I bought it and I bought it anyway. That hairline crack has nothing to do with how the lens operates nor with image quality nor with the hood attaching securely to the lens. It's just a non-issue with the lens but I have to be fair and disclose that "flaw". Other than that, the lens is clean without a lot of "wear" (ie, brassing or paint chips or scratches) showing (as you can tell by the first photo).

I will accept most any form of payment - checks and/or money orders WILL clear before the lens gets shipped anywhere, though. Paypal is also a viable option - and I'll even make this offer as far as payment and shipping is concerned: If you're the buyer, $2350.00 will include shipping and Paypal fees (if you pay via Paypal - which means I'm absorbing the Paypal fees!).

The lens will be packed well and shipped in its case (not a trunk for this one!) by UPS ground.

Admittedly, I haven't sold anything through these forums yet ... but my e-bay feedback is 100%, and I've been an e-bay member since March '03 .... and e-bay will be the next stop for this lens if no one buys it from this listing.

If interested, or if you have any questions, please shoot me an e-mail ...... I'm happy to answer any questions.

Photos: (if the dreaded "red-x" appears anywhere, just hit the F5 key to refresh the page)

300_controls.jpg

300_datecode.jpg

300_hood.jpg

Thanks for looking ...
Cecil
Atlanta, Georgia
Photos at SportsShooter

Comments

• cfrey6cfrey6 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    cecilc wrote:
    Hi all ...