Options

Gazebo in Winter

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited June 5, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
In the summer, this is the best place for reading or taking a nap. Complete shade and a cool breeze coming up the hill. I remember several months ago wishing for summer to arrive. It's going to be in the 90"s tommorrow and suddenly snow seems rather refreshing. :D
Comments and critique are welcomed.
306708695_KNRaP-L.jpg

307673910_SR6pf-L.jpg

3. Glowing edges filter
307735454_nXLSN-L.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    I kinda like all three. The last one reminds me of Aubrey Bearsdly drawings.thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Good work. I prefer the first one...I think a little color adds just the right touch.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    In the summer, this is the best place for reading or taking a nap. Complete shade and a cool breeze coming up the hill. I remember several months ago wishing for summer to arrive. It's going to be in the 90"s tommorrow and suddenly snow seems rather refreshing. :D
    Comments and critique are welcomed.
    3. Glowing edges filter

Looks nice with the snow.. I like the colour version thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2008
    DonRicklin wrote:
    I kinda like all three. The last one reminds me of Aubrey Bearsdly drawings.thumb.gif

Don

Thanks Don. I was playing with various filters ib CS3 and that last was the only one that looked halfway decent.

Jack
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2008
    Good work. I prefer the first one...I think a little color adds just the right touch.

Thanks BM
    I like the first best. I was just practicing various ways to do a BW conversion and included one that seemed decent. The first almost looks like selective colorization .

Jack
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Looks nice with the snow.. I like the colour version thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy. That day was fairly late in winter hence the heavy fog.

Jack