Options

Quick settings failure

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited June 22, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I had been happily making sets of quick settings and managed a couple or three when the facility stopped working
Now no matter what I do Ican't get the quick settings to save
e.g. here:
http://digital-finger.smugmug.com/gallery/settings.mg?AlbumID=2139762&AlbumKey=6dmPU&ImageKey=W7Sn2&ImageID=250360729
for this gallery:
http://digital-finger.smugmug.com/gallery/2139762_6dmPU/1/250360729_W7Sn2#250360729_W7Sn2

awww -it's working now...:scratch

Nope - stoipped again , I reinstalled FF (v2) and it worked once then now it will not even react with the quick settings drop down
trying to set this gallery setings as 'Portraits' quick settings - but it just will not save it
http://digital-finger.smugmug.com/gallery/1682183_3nLWD/1/83757952_kvr4M#83757952_kvr4M
customise gallery here
http://digital-finger.smugmug.com/gallery/settings.mg?AlbumID=1682183&AlbumKey=3nLWD&ImageKey=kvr4M&ImageID=83757952
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Have you entered any key words lately? If so, you may be experiencing one of SmugMugs exclusive and highly sought after features: If you put an apostrophe in your keywords, you can't save your quick settings.

I know it sounds wierd, but I got that straight from Barbara, one of SmugMug's top Support Heroes. When I read that, I laughed my butt off rolleyes1.gifbut it's really true.

Hope this helps.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2008
    Have you entered any key words lately? If so, you may be experiencing one of SmugMugs exclusive and highly sought after features: If you put an apostrophe in your keywords, you can't save your quick settings.

I know it sounds wierd, but I got that straight from Barbara, one of SmugMug's top Support Heroes. When I read that, I laughed my butt off rolleyes1.gifbut it's really true.

Hope this helps.

not lately, i guess keywording is one ( another!) of my weak points - I have enough trouble getting trhe photos ok, keywording is one straw too many ( I'll get there eventually)

Anyway.. I probbaly do have keywords in somegalleries, blowed if I know which and where .. so you reckon that might be the problem .. hmm . not sure what to do about that
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2008
    It may not be the problem ... There was a similar post here a few weeks ago and that was the problem in that case ... your circumstances may be different. If it was working fine then suddenly stopped, and you hadn't uploaded any new photos, then it's probably something else just as wierd, like too many people wearing red hats in one gallery or something.ne_nau.gif
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

• Options
    edited June 6, 2008
    It may not be the problem ... There was a similar post here a few weeks ago and that was the problem in that case ... your circumstances may be different. If it was working fine then suddenly stopped, and you hadn't uploaded any new photos, then it's probably something else just as wierd, like too many people wearing red hats in one gallery or something.ne_nau.gif

Well I don't know, it was working fine all I know is I managed a couple of quick settings then it stopped working, then a while later I was able to make one more but not another

This is the first time I have tried to make them - I only have about 4 now
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    I knew about the apostrophe in the password fields making things difficult, keywords are new to me :uhoh

Also, there is a problem that sometimes happens; When you select a quicksetting, the settings are unchanged, seemingly. However, after you save it, and reload that page, the settings are saved correctly.
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    I knew about the apostrophe in the password fields making things difficult, keywords are new to me :uhoh

Also, there is a problem that sometimes happens; When you select a quicksetting, the settings are unchanged, seemingly. However, after you save it, and reload that page, the settings are saved correctly.

IMO what is needed is a button next to the QS field that asks you to save the quicksetting specifically

As it stands there is no way to know ( unless you're psychicmwink.gif ) whether your QS has or hasn't been saved; whether prior trying to apply it via the 'apply to other galleries' link or otherwise - you can only tell if you come back to it and see that tehre is indeed a new QS listed in the drop down

AS it stands for me those QS's arent saving and are not appearing in the drop down

A geart idea that's getting there - but not quite there yet...mwink.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2008
    I may have confused keyword and password. My bad. I stand corrected.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

• Options
    edited June 22, 2008
    OK here we are quite a long time later - yes it was the apostrophe in the password field that was the problem - might be an idea to put a 'gotcha' as a reminder next to the function - non?mwink.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..