A few flowers

hejjafishhejjafish Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited June 6, 2008 in Holy Macro
I recently aquired the Nikon 105mm VR. So these are some of the first with it. They may not all be at 1:1. After seeing some of the results in this forum, I'm gonna try my hand at some insects. I've just got tis lens, but I am already curious about going beyond lifesize.

Should I look at getting a set of extension tubes next, or a teleconverter? At a pound and half, should I worry about hanging the 105mm off some stacked extension tubes?

Thanks for looking

303333424_W529m-L.jpg

303610682_mDYgu-L.jpg

303610621_BJUfv-L.jpg

Comments

• carebearyogicarebearyogi Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    oh hi,

I have the same lens as you do the 105mm VR... Check out some of picture i took with it. I love the lens itseld its soo nice and shape. I have a thread its called "Garden". A few under your. Check it out :ivar
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Lovely series of shots. I'd get used to shooting at 1:1 for a while and then get a set of ext tubes (eg Kenko) - they will take you to 2:1 with that lens.
    A TC will work and will preserve working distance but will give you a drop in IQ vs the ext tubes which give you closer working distances but no hit on IQ. I routinely have 33mm of ext tubes on my sigma 105.
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    hejjafish wrote:
    I recently aquired the Nikon 105mm VR. So these are some of the first with it. They may not all be at 1:1. After seeing some of the results in this forum, I'm gonna try my hand at some insects. I've just got tis lens, but I am already curious about going beyond lifesize.

Should I look at getting a set of extension tubes next, or a teleconverter? At a pound and half, should I worry about hanging the 105mm off some stacked extension tubes?

Thanks for looking

Hi there hejjafish, the extention tubes are very handy to have.
    If you had a set, you'd be surprised how often you use them,
    because you can use them attached in any combination to most lenses.

Lovely flowers you've posted thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin