Just one of my lil' trouble maker

CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited June 7, 2008 in People
Haven't posted in a while...been off at school for the last couple of months. Anyway, latest and greatest of my youngest trouble maker. How's the focus? Did I get the eyes right?

307929613_VCn2b-L.jpg
Justin Benson
CTU Photography

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Cute pic!

Focus looks good. Nice light in the eyes.

I'm really rusty with my picture taking and post processing so I might be waaaay off, but I think a bit more contrast might help bring the eyes out even more.
  • CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    cletus wrote:
    Cute pic!

Focus looks good. Nice light in the eyes.

I'm really rusty with my picture taking and post processing so I might be waaaay off, but I think a bit more contrast might help bring the eyes out even more.

Thanks Cletus! In truth, the only post-processing I've done to it so far was to remove about two blemishes from his skin, and to take out some "bubble" residue that was in his hair (you can see one of the up-popped bubbles in the background). I'll take a crack at the contrast, as you suggested.

-JB
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
  • HammHamm Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Cute photo... great expression.

I can't tell if focus is on or not -- but the overall effect is quite soft. I'd certainly try a bunch of sharpening or maybe selective sharpening for the eyes.

But the first thing that leaps out at me is the color balance. The blue cast is almost painful. I'd get that fixed first. I'd also straighten the door frame and crop out the fragment of a hand.

Sorry if this sounds a bit critical -- I like the photo; it has a lot of potential with a few tweaks... Aw heck, here's a version...

kiddo.jpg
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    The expression is perfect with your title.