Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    I like thumb.gif

What a wonderful place to just relax :D
  • edge100edge100 Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Thanks.

My only concern with this shot is the guy in the lower right. I tried cloning him out with PS, but it's not a straightforward job, especially since my wife wants a large print from this, and any cloning artifacts will show through.

Cropping him out doesn't work, since it kills the expansiveness of the shot.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited June 6, 2008
    edge100 wrote:
    My only concern with this shot is the guy in the lower right.

Very nice shot, Mike. I think the guy adds balance and scale to the composition. I wouldn't try to clone him out. I'm not really sure of this, but it looks like the tower is just a bit off vertical and needs a nudge CC. Or maybe it's the wine I had with lunch.

Regards,
    edited June 6, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Very nice shot, Mike. I think the guy adds balance and scale to the composition. I wouldn't try to clone him out. I'm not really sure of this, but it looks like the tower is just a bit off vertical and needs a nudge CC. Or maybe it's the wine I had with lunch.

Regards,

Thanks.

Not the wine. It may need a very slight nudge.
    edited June 6, 2008
    I can see alitle tilt to, but I thought it may be how our eyes were perceiving it with the clouds. If I look at the building below it....it looks straight. But I could be way off on this and still sleepy.....:D

I don't see a problem with cropping the man out of the photo, but you will have to go a tad further in the crop to remove the little feet that will still be in the photo behind the guy, but you could probably clone those out.
    I messed with it on my monitor and actually liked it cropped. The photo still keeps the tower off center. The hedges still reach out to you and I dont think the vastness of the grass layout is diminished. Try it..look at it for while. Bummer the guy was looking right at you.
    edited June 6, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    I can see alitle tilt to, but I thought it may be how our eyes were perceiving it with the clouds. If I look at the building below it....it looks straight. But I could be way off on this and still sleepy.....:D

I don't see a problem with cropping the man out of the photo, but you will have to go a tad further in the crop to remove the little feet that will still be in the photo behind the guy, but you could probably clone those out.
    I messed with it on my monitor and actually liked it cropped. The photo still keeps the tower off center. The hedges still reach out to you and I dont think the vastness of the grass layout is diminished. Try it..look at it for while. Bummer the guy was looking right at you.

Thanks; I'll give the cloning/cropping another shot.

As I said, my wife wants a relatively large print of this, and I know she wants this guy out of the shot. I don't mind him, but then again I dont decide what gets hung on our walls!
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Like the original so very much. An angle of the tower I have never seen
    and so very well taken. I'd go with your wife on this one. You have
    enough in there for scale. :D If the guy was painting on an easel I'd tend
    to leave him there.
    Michael
    edited June 7, 2008
    edge100 wrote:
    Thanks; I'll give the cloning/cropping another shot.

As I said, my wife wants a relatively large print of this, and I know she wants this guy out of the shot. I don't mind him, but then again I dont decide what gets hung on our walls!

Look forward to you posting your finished photo...cropped or cloned :D