BUSINESS CARD - HIGH KEY - cc's welcomed.

SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
edited June 6, 2008 in People
Ok I took this picture in early May, anyway...I would like to put this on the back of my business card, but since it has very little color do you think would turn people off?

I put this on another forum early last month so now I want to get your opinion.

Thanks so much.

Seneca

BusinessCard2595.jpg

Comments

• jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Overall, I like the picture and it would work for the back of the card. My personal taste, I don't like "Hallmark" guotes. If you are giving out your card, they already know it's for photography reasons. I see cards where people put" portraits, weddings, events etc" on their cards and it clutters it. Photography is one of those unique fields where the picture speaks for itself.

For the front of the card, I would put my name and website and on the back phone number and maybe e-mail. Or, don't put anything on the back except for the picture. Keep it simple and uncluttered and it also gives you more conversation time with the person if you have to write some stuff down on the card.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Thank you John - I value your opinion...thanks for taking the time in commenting. I can't believe I've only gotten one comment. Sad no one else has an opinion. The funny thing about it is I got over 20 comments at the other forum. All well. :cry
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Seneca wrote:
    Thank you John - I value your opinion...thanks for taking the time in commenting. I can't believe I've only gotten one comment. Sad no one else has an opinion. The funny thing about it is I got over 20 comments at the other forum. All well. :cry

That's because you intimidate us! You always provide thought provoking shots and you shoot with a Ds Mark III!!

ok...that being said, I'll take a big swallow and try my best. I love the eyes. You really have made them come alive! The photo feels a little awkward to me though. The proportion of hair to face makes it feel distorted a little. Did you shoot this with a wide angle?

I am assuming that the entire graphic is the back/front of the business card. If so, I would love to see your photo 2-3 times larger filling nearly half of the card with your face. Those eyes are screaming for more attention and they will get it.

What did the other site say? I'd be curious to know.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif The image looks a little strange not being able to see much of her hair or what's covering it. I definitely agree with Shatch about moving in for a tight close-up on those eyes. I also am in agreement about those "Hallmark" quotes on cards - but that is personal preference. They just don't seem to be necessary and really detract from the photo itself.
  • JimWJimW Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Well, I'll put in a comment. I don't care for business cards with photos on them, looks cheesy to me. And I think the quote is sappy. However, i think the photo is arresting and should be somewhere in your portfolio. Hope this helps.
    Jim

I don't want the cheese, I just want to get out of the trap.

http://www.jimwhitakerphotography.com/
    edited June 6, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    That's because you intimidate us! You always provide thought provoking shots and you shoot with a Ds Mark III!!...What did the other site say? I'd be curious to know.

You silly man...trust me it's wayyyyyyyyyyy too much camera for me. But thanks for being so sweet.

THe other forum like the high key shot - but make some comments as to whether or not people actually want shots like these.
    edited June 6, 2008
    saurora wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif I also am in agreement about those "Hallmark" quotes on cards - but that is personal preference. They just don't seem to be necessary and really detract from the photo itself.

Gotcha...that seems to be the overwhelming comment that I got over there too! Thanks Saurora!thumb.gif
    edited June 6, 2008
    JimW wrote:
    Well, I'll put in a comment. I don't care for business cards with photos on them, looks cheesy to me. And I think the quote is sappy. However, i think the photo is arresting and should be somewhere in your portfolio. Hope this helps.
    Jim

Thank you Jim. I made a poster size for my soon to be studio.
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Yeah not much for the quotes, but that is a very eerie photo, but I love it!!
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11