Smugmug security

qsjewlqsjewl Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited June 6, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I know that you can password protect all your galleries in order for them to not be available for random eyes, but I was wondering....is there a way to just password protect the main site page, eliminating the need to password protect every album?

I am not a pro and my site is strictly for my fam/friends, but I don't want them to have to enter a password every single time they want to open a new gallery....

thanks

**also, I have a go daddy URL address from smugmug and was wondering what I could do so that my URL name doesn't appear on google...

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    qsjewl wrote:
    I know that you can password protect all your galleries in order for them to not be available for random eyes, but I was wondering....is there a way to just password protect the main site page, eliminating the need to password protect every album?

I am not a pro and my site is strictly for my fam/friends, but I don't want them to have to enter a password every single time they want to open a new gallery....

thanks

**also, I have a go daddy URL address from smugmug and was wondering what I could do so that my URL name doesn't appear on google...

You can password protect your entire site if you want. Enter the password once before the viewer sees anything, never enter it again during that session.

Or, you can have a group of galleries that all have the same password . Once you've entered that password, you won't have to enter it again for ANY gallery that has the same password. I use this to give all galleries in the same category the same password. It works almost like a password protected category. The viewer is prompted for the password once on the first gallery they open, then not prompted again for any of the other galleries.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited June 6, 2008
    Just to follow up with a link for what John said:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-search-island