The Kiss

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited June 11, 2008 in People
This is our new baby. She is now 8 weeks old and the family just loves her. The next oldest sister loves to lay next to her and kiss her on the forehead. It is sweet.

308081416_WYzhu-L.jpg

308082180_ksn4S-L.jpg

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    How precious! Wow.....that's fantastic. I absolutely love the 2nd....wow, that is a wall hanger.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    This is our new baby. She is now 8 weeks old and the family just loves her. The next oldest sister loves to lay next to her and kiss her on the forehead. It is sweet.

Awesome picture! I'm not a big fun of baby photogrpahy, but I can tell a good one when I see it! thumb.gifbowdown.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    The second one is a winner in my book. Well done (and congrats!)
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Great Shots and Congrats!
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Your daughters are beautiful! Great captures - the lighting in the second one is perfect! thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    :ivar
    Many congrats !!

Great picture

what are the names of these two lovely cute babies ??

clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Very cute photos iloveyou.gif
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Awww incredible...just beautiful.iloveyou.gif
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Oh MY Goodness, both pics are great, but the second one I could sit and look at all day!!!
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    Thank you everyone for the kind feedback and thoughts. I have had a couple of requests for Post on this one so here it is.

308497127_BGppv-L.jpg
    This is the lighting setup. All natural light. Used a white backdrop 90 degrees to the large window. Set up an old white door for a reflector and used another reflector to create 3 sides of reflection with the fourth side being the window. My baby girl was set on a boppie (kind of like a hollowed out pillow...has an edge but no center) with a crochet blanket over it.

This is the file straight out of the camera.
    308498058_U4TTq-L.jpg

Here is the exif

I cloned out the hand in the upper right corner in photoshop. Imported the photo into Lightroom. Used recovery to get the whites back. Dropped saturation down a little and vibrance up a little. I lightened the luminance of orange, used a little fill light and added just a little vignetting. This is from memory so I hope it is right. Does anyone know if you can evaluate a photo after the fact to see what you did to get there? When I went back into Lightroom, all the sliders were on 0 or default positions.
    edited June 7, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    How precious! Wow.....that's fantastic. I absolutely love the 2nd....wow, that is a wall hanger.

Thanks Swartzy. That means a lot.
    edited June 7, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Awesome picture! I'm not a big fun of baby photogrpahy, but I can tell a good one when I see it! thumb.gifbowdown.gif

Nikolai,
    How have you been? Looks like you have been busy and getting even better at your hobby...or is it a profession now?

Thanks for you comments.
    edited June 7, 2008
    aktse wrote:
    The second one is a winner in my book. Well done (and congrats!)

Thanks aktse!
    edited June 7, 2008
    saurora wrote:
    Your daughters are beautiful! Great captures - the lighting in the second one is perfect! thumb.gif

Thanks Saurora! They got their good looks from me because my wife still has hers.
    edited June 7, 2008
    :ivar
    Many congrats !!

Great picture

what are the names of these two lovely cute babies ??

clap.gif

Thanks Awais. Rachel and Sarah. They are the two youngest of six children. All of them are keepers gratefully. I'm a very blessed man.

Best wishes
    edited June 7, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Very cute photos iloveyou.gif

Thank you Angie.
    edited June 7, 2008
    Seneca wrote:
    Awww incredible...just beautiful.iloveyou.gif

Thanks Seneca. Every once in a while, things just come together just right. I like happy accidents. :D
    edited June 7, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    Oh MY Goodness, both pics are great, but the second one I could sit and look at all day!!!

Thank you Flutist. I find myself coming back to that second photo as well. I just wonder though if it looks like she is about to fall over or out of the picture.
    edited June 7, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Nikolai,
    How have you been? Looks like you have been busy and getting even better at your hobby...or is it a profession now?

Thanks for you comments.
    I'm doing fine, thanks! Unlike yours, my girls are getting all grown up, so naturally I gotta shoot a slightly older crowd than you:-) rolleyes1.gif
  • HammHamm Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    Wow, very nice. Both shots are great, but the second should be large, framed and in a prominent place in your home. Congrats!
  • HammHamm Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Does anyone know if you can evaluate a photo after the fact to see what you did to get there? When I went back into Lightroom, all the sliders were on 0 or default positions.
    Did the history disappear? In the left side panel in the Develop module, there should be a history of everything you did. The only ways (that I know of) to get rid of the history are (a) to clear it by clicking on 'clear' in the history title, or (b) edit the photo external to Lightroom (using ctrl-e) the re-imported, edited version will have no history, but the original will still have its history. You may have to go through a stack to find the original with edits. Or, maybe (c): If you generate metadata outside of Lightroom, e.g. with Camera Raw, then Lightroom detects the changes and asks which you want to keep -- so you could wipe your history (and previous changes) that way too.

Hope you get it all sorted...
    edited June 7, 2008
    Hamm wrote:
    Did the history disappear? In the left side panel in the Develop module, there should be a history of everything you did. The only ways (that I know of) to get rid of the history are (a) to clear it by clicking on 'clear' in the history title, or (b) edit the photo external to Lightroom (using ctrl-e) the re-imported, edited version will have no history, but the original will still have its history. You may have to go through a stack to find the original with edits. Or, maybe (c): If you generate metadata outside of Lightroom, e.g. with Camera Raw, then Lightroom detects the changes and asks which you want to keep -- so you could wipe your history (and previous changes) that way too.

Hope you get it all sorted...

Bingo! There it is! Thanks Hamm.
    edited June 7, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    This is the lighting setup. All natural light. Used a white backdrop 90 degrees to the large window. Set up an old white door for a reflector and used another reflector to create 3 sides of reflection with the fourth side being the window. My baby girl was set on a boppie (kind of like a hollowed out pillow...has an edge but no center) with a crochet blanket over it.

Thank you very much for posting this! thumb.gif
    It actually gave me some very neat ideas I can't wait to try... Darn, and my next studio shoot is only next Sunday... :bash
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    beautiful baby. beautiful pictures.
  • Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    I like them both, but #1 is great. Congrats on new addition. :D

Thanks for sharing...

Lee
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    You are a blessed man. What a marvelous capture of your baby girl. Do you have a wall of your family pictures? I agree with the others, definitely a wall hanger.

God bless and peace always.:D gail
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    Congratulations!