Options

Something isn't right

Mless5Mless5 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited June 6, 2008 in Technique
I switched to my D100 not too long ago after my Panasonic Lumix stopped shooting in RAW format. I felt it was a good reason to step up in terms of image quality (I print a lot of my photos). My main problems with D100 that I am having are:

1. Exposure. I set my preview screen so it shows blown white areas, but I get what seems to be harsh highlight:midtone:shadow ratio (sometimes just 2 variable, not all 3). I have tried all 3 metering modes with no luck.

2. Overall colors. I used to shoot grey card on my Panasonic and everything would come out just fantastic. Not the case with Nikon for some reason.

I've been digging trough this site a lot, but not quite finding much on particular issues. I experiment a lot and sometimes my shots do in fact comes out good, but most of the time it is pure disappointment.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    If you posted one or two shots with exif data we might have a better idea of what your problems are.

Concerning exposure are you making use of EV adjustments? I used a D100 for quite awhile with good results. Its color accuracy is better in AdobeRGB mode than in sRGb.

You might consider getting a copy of Thom Hogan's e-book on the D100.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"