A few beach/evening portraits

goofrygoofry Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
edited June 8, 2008 in People
I had a chance (read, I talked the family into it) to take a few evening sun pictures of my wife and son while we were at the beach.

1. The wife and son. I had them facing the sun a little too much.
308016196_5jjyj-M.jpg

2. My son striking his own pose.
308016224_XVxFp-M.jpg

3. A little closer. Of course I didn't notice the stains on his shirt until later on.
308016227_s9vCg-M.jpg

4. My wife and her mom.
308016253_qZ8c7-M.jpg

5. A candid shot of my son. I think he was wanting to go run in the sand instead of taking pictures.
308016236_yfBg3-M.jpg

6. A quick shot of my son, wife and inlaws. I wish I had my flash on this one to even it out a bit.
308016188_KkE23-M-1.jpg

7. Last but not least, a quick grab from the beach.
308016140_KQMKn-M.jpg

As always, thanks for taking a look and any C and C are welcome.

Jeff
Goofry

http://www.spotlightpicture.com

A bunch of Canon Stuff.

Comments

• adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    #3 & 5 are awesome! That boy is such a cutie!! ;) Very nice set, though. Beautiful family.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    With the exception of 5 and 7, the are all a bit centered for my taste.

#3 is a little over flashed but the pose is wonderful.

I really like #5, this one, with a little more PP work, would be a portfolio shot for me.
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    that boy is wearing a good looking shirt....Chipper is on fire this year
  • goofrygoofry Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2008
    Angela, thanks for the comments. 3 and 5 are probably my favs as well followed by #1. My wife always has a certain glow when she is holding my son.

Scott, thanks for the comments as well and for the critique on composition. We just got home and I didn't do a lot of PP on these. To be honest, I didn't even really notice that they were all centered snapshots until you mentioned it.

Here's a little different crop on a couple of them.

308016206_HxibF-M-1.jpg or 308467849_8RMMM-M-1.jpg

and
    308468577_hrWBG-M-2.jpg

Thanks again guys for the comments.
    Jeff
    Goofry

A bunch of Canon Stuff.
    edited June 6, 2008
    that boy is wearing a good looking shirt....Chipper is on fire this year

He loves the Braves, and especially Chipper. He actually says he wants to play for the Braves when he grows up. He's got just a little ways to go.

The other clothes he usually wears is the Falcons. We'll see if they can do anything this year.ne_nau.gif
    Goofry

A bunch of Canon Stuff.
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    Great series of photos. Love the location and the "golden" light. thumb.gif
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    Have to agree with those above i really like #3 and #5, great use of the golden light. One thing I am wondering headscratch.gif ...... did you by chance crop #5 if you have a wider version i think it would look awsome with the Shay Stephens 10x4 crop.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
    edited June 8, 2008
    Shatch, thanks for the compliments. I am a big fan of the late evening sun. I just have a hard time talking the wife and kid in to waiting around for it.

FlashPhotoBoy, I actually went back and looked at the originals to see if there was any extra room in there, but #5 is close to full frame.

I have to actually think my wife for #5. I was watching the sun to see if it would peek out from behind the clouds and give ma chance for a nice sunset when my wife quietly told me to turn around. There he was by himself deep in thought looking out at the ocean. I grabbed a couple of quick frames before he turned around and wanted to know why I was photographing his back. I just smiled and told him how cute I thought he was even from the back. So, he just smiled at me and turned back around.

Thanks again to all for the comments.
    Jeff
    Goofry

A bunch of Canon Stuff.