Options

In resizing & optimizing to sRGB for web in CS3, results are RGB, not sRGB! HELP!

RovingEyePhotoRovingEyePhoto Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
edited June 6, 2008 in Finishing School
[FONT=&quot]I wish for the moment to stay within my existing realm of CS3 convenience and knowledge, which has progressed to use ACR for RAW opening and correction, and CS3 for resizing and optimizing for the web. I will progress to using CS3 for correction and beyond [anxious to get to all that good stuff], but for now, this is all I have time to learn. My problem is that final optimized images remain in RGB, notwithstanding that I seem to be doing things right for optimizing into sRGB, which I've been told is best for web viewing. Following is my workflow: (i) open RAW images in ACR; (ii) set to RGB workspace; (iii) correct using "Basic" (sometimes "Curves") and "Detail" menus; (iv) save as TIF [remains in RGB colorspace]; (v) open in CS3 which already is set for RGB workspace; (vi) resize using "Image/Image Size" menu, clicking "Constrain Proportions" and "Resample Image", selecting "Bicubic Sharpner [best for reduction]", setting "Resolution" at 100 [been told that's better than 72 since best computer screens reach to 100, but seems to revert to 72 after optimizing for web in next step, so maybe should just set to 72 in the first place], & setting "Document Size" to roughly 8"x10" [gives me near desired 600k result when proceeding to next step]; (vii) click "File/Save for Web & Devices"; (viii) go with "Optimized" version; (ix) click "Optimize/Convert to sRGB" [small circled delta menu button to right of "Preset" box; (ix) rename and click "Save". Results are what I want, except Bridge metadata says RGB "Color Mode".

But wait! Bridge metadata shows no "Color Profile" for these resized images, whereas full sized versions of a few I set in ACR to sRGB say "Color Mode" RGB, but then also "Color Profile" sRGB. So question maybe is why the resized images show no "Color Profile", and is that really what I should be looking for, not "Color Mode"? And are these resized images really sRGB, but doesn't show in Bridge metadata because "Color profile" for these resized images doesn't show?

So HELP!!!! Also, please feel free to clear-up any urban myths buried in the "been tolds" in what I've written.

Greatly appreciate the assist.[/FONT]
See my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/26525400@N04/sets/. Policy is to initially upload 10-20 images from each shoot, then a few from various of the in-process shoots each time I log on, until a shoot is completely uploaded.