Birthday Wish

johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
edited April 12, 2005 in People
Well, it's been a while since my last post. As a youth minister, you can't always do your hobbies when you want. The last month has had some hard times with students.

However, This last weekend was my daughters birthday. It was a great joy to spend one solid day with the focus on my family.

I took this shot as Miriam was thinking about her birthday wish.

It's not the best technical shot and I know it could be cropped some. I just enjoyed the look on Miriam's face. It's a reminder me that it's OK to wish.

I hope you all remember it's OK to wish and to dream.

peace.
johno~miriam6-small.jpg
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
johno's gallery

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 11, 2005
    Very nice Johno thumb.gifthumb.gif

I hope your darling little girl had a very special day. I know Dad focusing on her for the day had to be a big treat for her :):

Relish these moments, they pass in the wink of an eye ne_nau.gif Before you know it, she'll be driving and you and your wife will be a much smaller part of her life :cry But, you'll still have these precious memories to look back on iloveyou.gif

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    johno wrote:
    Well, it's been a while since my last post. As a youth minister, you can't always do your hobbies when you want. The last month has had some hard times with students.

However, This last weekend was my daughters birthday. It was a great joy to spend one solid day with the focus on my family.

I took this shot as Miriam was thinking about her birthday wish.

It's not the best technical shot and I know it could be cropped some. I just enjoyed the look on Miriam's face. It's a reminder me that it's OK to wish.

I hope you all remember it's OK to wish and to dream.

peace.
    johno~
    Wonderful capture and a terrific memory clap.gif

Susan
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Hey, did you save me a piece, :eat love chocolate cake
    Happy Birthday :bday
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Please don't put the cake near me I'm on another diet.. Lovely expression on her face.. this is definitely a keeper for the family album
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 12, 2005
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    nice shot, johno. I had been wondering about you lately. You must have gotten caught, like so many, in the Ides of March. This year it is a slow mover. Seems to still be here in April.

Happy birthday to your daughter! I remember back when that wish thing was so important. Now I can just pick one, I have many. She looks very serious in her decision.

A lovely child, a wonderful photograph. A grand occasion.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Very touching photo of Miriam!
    You managed to catch the right moment, congratulations!
    Yuri
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    nice shot, johno. I had been wondering about you lately. You must have gotten caught, like so many, in the Ides of March. This year it is a slow mover. Seems to still be here in April.

Happy birthday to your daughter! I remember back when that wish thing was so important. Now I can just pick one, I have many. She looks very serious in her decision.

A lovely child, a wonderful photograph. A grand occasion.

ginger

Thanks Ginger. It's nice to know someone was thinking about me :D I am hoping for a chance to slow down soon. This weekend I will be speaking at a youth festival in Canada this weekend... I hope to take some shots while I am there. I might get one good shot to share. Keep your fingers crossed rolleyes1.gif

Peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery