Lightning

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited June 9, 2008 in Landscapes
Still Trying.From my tarrace.

308293057_pKhrs-L.jpg

308292511_oVweK-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    I hate thunderstorms mwink.gif but enjoyed your pics.thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    Thank you Summerz
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    I love the pictures and I love it when anybody gets a lightning pictures, but how the hell do you do it? You never know where the next lightning flash is going to be so how do you get the lense to be pointing in the right direction headscratch.gif

Tim
  • David L. MegaheyDavid L. Megahey Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    Your pictures are always greatthumb.gif If you want a close up of lightning.... get a 10' metal pipe...never mind:D
    :scratch When in doubt....SHOOT IT!!!
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    I never could capture ligtning very well, good job thumb.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
    edited June 8, 2008
    draggin wrote:
    I love the pictures and I love it when anybody gets a lightning pictures, but how the hell do you do it? You never know where the next lightning flash is going to be so how do you get the lense to be pointing in the right direction headscratch.gif

Tim

Thanks Tim

It is simple. Observe at what direction lightning strikes most and point camera there. Use long exposures and leave it to luck.
    In above images exposure was around 30 sec

My Gallery
    edited June 8, 2008
    Thank you Davinf and Dadwtwins :D

My Gallery
  • annaelycmannaelycm Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    These are neat Awais! I like the tone of the second one.Looks like you have a nice clear view of the sky from your terrace there. We have the lightning here....but too many trees, etc in the way to get a good picture.
    edited June 8, 2008
    annaelycm wrote:
    These are neat Awais! I like the tone of the second one.Looks like you have a nice clear view of the sky from your terrace there. We have the lightning here....but too many trees, etc in the way to get a good picture.

Thank you so much Anna i am still in quest of finding most appropriate place around me

My Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    Impressive! You have such beautiful lighting where you live. thumb.gif
    edited June 9, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Impressive! You have such beautiful lighting where you live. thumb.gif

Thank you Schmoo i am trying to master the focus these days. That is the major issue i am facing. Few more got ruined because of out of focus blur.

My Gallery
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Still Trying.From my tarrace.

These are really good shots Awais... I am always curious about lightning. How do you time your shots? Do you have a sound trigger or do you just fire when you see the lightning (which would mean you have incredible reflexes)...

Awesome...

Cheers,
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    One day I will try this, but will never get it as well as you have.

Just wonderful thumb.gif
    edited June 9, 2008
    shniks wrote:
    These are really good shots Awais... I am always curious about lightening. How do you time your shots? Do you have a sound trigger or do you just fire when you see the lightening (which would mean you have incredible reflexes)...

Awesome...

Cheers,

Hello Nikhel
    You got it wrong no reflexes needed. It is long exposure technique similar you use for night photography. Just point the camera towards sky set it to long exposure and leave it on luck

If you have remote release and your camera has "Bulb" mode you can cut exposure at anytime.
    If your camera don't have bulb mode just use slow shutter speed of 10 or even 30 sec.
    there may be better techniques around but this is how i get them with DSLR and PS

I hope you got it

thanks

My Gallery
    edited June 9, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    One day I will try this, but will never get it as well as you have.

Just wonderful thumb.gif

Thank you do try :D

My Gallery