Playing with some ideas, Any thoughts?

308932842_Eomci-L.jpg

Thanks for any thoughts

Joe

Comments

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    Hey Joe,
    My thoughts on your photo. Geometry...circle: fits. Reflected clouds are a double "fluid" potential interpretation. Fluid has a reflective quality and the clouds are made from H2O. Color is good, composition good. I want more story from it. Why is there a ring in this picture..."Broken Promises". Lead me a little closer to the solution. Why is there a reflection of clouds?

What if you shot the ring on a broken mirror. Hopefully the glass would break in a geometric shape. Multiple interpretations with the broken glass...also some potential symbolism. Hummmmm. headscratch.gif

Good luck with your entry.
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Hey Joe,
    My thoughts on your photo. Geometry...circle: fits. Reflected clouds are a double "fluid" potential interpretation. Fluid has a reflective quality and the clouds are made from H2O. Color is good, composition good. I want more story from it. Why is there a ring in this picture..."Broken Promises". Lead me a little closer to the solution. Why is there a reflection of clouds?

What if you shot the ring on a broken mirror. Hopefully the glass would break in a geometric shape. Multiple interpretations with the broken glass...also some potential symbolism. Hummmmm. headscratch.gif

Good luck with your entry.

Joe, I agree with Shatch - it needs an extra element to tell the story. The other comment would be when shooting reflective surfaces make sure there is no dust on them as it really shows up in the photos.

Good luck. Peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    The title works for me, especially since it has two possible meanings, either positive or negative. The weathering of the Ring could signify the triumph over many adverse events through time. While conversely it could be representative of the emotional scars that the owner has endured from the probably failed relationship.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Now from the content to the form of the image:<o:p></o:p>

One of the big things that gets me first is the blown out section of the Ring compared to the rest of the image. Everything else is much darker, making it seem as if it doesn't fit. Your light source is one of the most important parts of the photo.

Also with the ring, you get reflections on both the inside and outside slightly. So keep those in mind while shooting.

Another issue lies in the sky, the combination of being dark blurry and grainy while making sure the Ring is the centerpiece takes away slightly from the image as you look around.

This last part is the least fun, but just something always to doublecheck. Make sure you dust off the mirror as well as possible, or at least use Photoshop to remove them. As I was looking around the background. They really popped out especially towards the right side of the image, but overall it's a strong idea