Monument Valley pano - the "classic" shot

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited June 9, 2008 in Landscapes
this is a 3-frame composite, stitched with Arcsoft PMK3 software, to make a 3:1 pano of Monument Valley. i'm thinking this will print quite nicely at 12x36, and i have a spot on my wall that would be just right for a shot like this... ;) needless to say, at 800 pixels wide, it can't be fully appreciated, but you get the idea...

MonumentValleypanosm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    hmm cool wonder how it looks in BW
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    Isn't this the same background that gets used in cartoons and all John Ford movies? :D
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    I love monument valley. Some amazing stuff there. Thanks for sharing!
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    thanks, guys...

David, there is a place in the valley called "John Ford Point", in honor of the director and his use of that locale in Hollywood films.. it's definitely an interesting place to photograph, though aside from The Mittens and Merrick Butte, there's little there that's really recognizable as "Monument Valley". lots of spires and rocky buttes, but those can be found in lots of places across the south of Utah. still, it's a place worth seeing, and i'd love to go back at a different time of year to see what changes ...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com