Superhero Creativity

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited June 8, 2008 in People
My kids have been coming up with photos that they want to direct. This one is from my 9 year old (flying girl in red cape). She came up with this photo in her mind earlier this week, sketched it out and showed it to me. It was fun to work with her on creating as close as possible what she had in her mind. Highly recommend you give it a try. Children have no barriers when it comes to creative thought. Hope you enjoy it...if not...thanks for looking anyway. I've included the lighting set up if it is of any interest.

308952416_GHkG4-L.jpg
Photo was shot from a tripod. I took one photo without the doghouse (used for jumping off of) and used it to photoshop it out for the final.

308958073_TFuUR-L.jpg

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    I can see you are going to be one very busy Dad!!! What a cool way to interact with your kids! No doubt they were inspired by a Dad who has quite a gift of imagination himself (past LPS entries prove that!). Kids are amazing with their imaginative ideas and, as you said, most importantly no barriers. Great image...tell her she really is a super kid! thumb.gif
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    saurora wrote:
    I can see you are going to be one very busy Dad!!! What a cool way to interact with your kids! No doubt they were inspired by a Dad who has quite a gift of imagination himself (past LPS entries prove that!). Kids are amazing with their imaginative ideas and, as you said, most importantly no barriers. Great image...tell her she really is a super kid! thumb.gif

Thanks Saurora! It is so very kind of you to say nice things about the photo, but also your kind words to my daughter. Thank you.

I cherish my relationship with my family. We work hard on keeping our relationships strong. Both my wife and I took different kids on dates today. We try to do this regularly. It really helps with keeping our communication open. We also set aside every Monday night just for our family, and are building a playhouse this summer together. We can never spend enough quality time together. I only have one chance at this "dad" thing. I got to get it right (whatever that is). Photography has been a fun hobby to share together. I guess it has replaced fishing for me.
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    yeah for fun dads thumb.gif How cool is it that your daughter came up with the idea and you were able to to pull it off.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    This is so cool.

I look forward to having kids... they're going to be photographed insanely! They better like the spotlight :) It's great that your kids really played w/ this chance and got you to test yourself with something unique like this.

(no, not having kids yet... but it's in the eventual plans for the hubby and I)
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    Cool shots!!!! clap.gif Very creative!
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008