Options

Half Dome

ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
edited April 20, 2005 in Landscapes
19459487-L.jpg

Well folks, my 1DMKII was shipped back to Canon today for repairs, my best guess at this point is that the shutter gave out, too many coyotes I guess :D

The current turnaround time is about 3 weeks or so, which lines up pretty close to our Yosemite trip. I'll be there no matter what, even if I have to take a pencil and paper and sketch the landscape . Keep your fingers crossed for me :):

Here's one last shot of Half Dome from a couple weeks ago..

Ed

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    lovely, ed.

don't worry - there are plenty of extra cameras, i'm sure one of the guys with more than one body will be glad to help out if you're stuck!
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    Oh, pretty!
    ehughes wrote:
    19459487-S.jpg

Well folks, my 1DMKII was shipped back to Canon today for repairs, my best guess at this point is that the shutter gave out, too many coyotes I guess :D

The current turnaround time is about 3 weeks or so, which lines up pretty close to our Yosemite trip. I'll be there no matter what, even if I have to take a pencil and paper and sketch the landscape . Keep your finger crossed for me :):

Here's one last shot of Half Dome from a couple weeks ago..

Ed

I am so sorry to hear about your camera. I remember when I had to send my camera in for repair and it seemed to take forever, I had to borrow one of my hand me down cameras from my daughter.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    ehughes wrote:
    The current turnaround time is about 3 weeks or so, which lines up pretty close to our Yosemite trip. I'll be there no matter what, even if I have to take a pencil and paper and sketch the landscape . Keep your finger crossed for me :):
    Lemme know yer status. Know where I get can get a 1D for you to use for the weekend.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 11, 2005
    Ed,

Lovely shot thumb.gifthumb.gif Love the framing clap.gifclap.gif

Bummer about your camera :cry On the positive side, it could have crapped out at Yosemite :uhoh and when it comes back from Canon it should be in tip-top shape :D

If your camera doesn't make it in time, or if Sid's offer doesn't appeal, you can use my 20D, while I sit around the bar......lol And only if you let me have some of the images you wind up capturing lol3.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2005
    Thanks folks.. I appreciate the offer Sid, I may take you up on that.. very kind indeed.

Steve, I hadn't thought about the whole bar thing, you may have something there, how about I just slip you a few of the shots I already have and we both hit the bar
    :slosh

Dee, I'm sure it will feel like forever, I'm so used to hauling it everywhere it's going to feel strange.

I'm sure after the begging I did in the letter to the service center it'll be back on time lol3.gif

Ed
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2005
    I caught a break, the camera made it back from the service center today. Yosemite here we come :)
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    ehughes wrote:
    I caught a break, the camera made it back from the service center today. Yosemite here we come :)
    clap.gif Fast work! That must be a great relief.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    clap.gif Fast work! That must be a great relief.
    Huge relief Sid, they still have my 100-400 but I can live with that.

Thanks again for the offer of letting me borrow a camera. I really appreciated that, took some of the pressure off..

Ed