Yosemite and Sequoia Parks

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited June 11, 2008 in Landscapes
Hey Guys... Had taken a trip to Yosemite and Sequoia this past week.. Had a blast... Have processed some pics and am including them here... Will add some more later (got some really cool pics of an adorable child)....Since this was my first time there and I was constrained by time, I could not get the POVs and shots I wanted. Will have to head there again soon... :D

309673430_LJoPN-L-2.jpg

309674972_hhb6m-L-2.jpg

309676933_unoeB-L-2.jpg

309682110_Nbm3p-L-1.jpg

309698361_eBoS5-L-2.jpg

309696654_StAwC-L-2.jpg

309694987_eZSQs-L-1.jpg

309700664_EMK5z-L-2.jpg

309679096_79pZ7-L-1.jpg

309683962_gbaoZ-L-1.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Cheers,

Comments

• Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    I love the star trails, and you have quite a unique angle on Half dome. Nicely done.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    Nikhil, I've come to really anticipate your landscapes. I've never seen these perspectives of these famous places before, and I'm liking them a lot. Excellent work!! clap.gif
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Nikhil, I've come to really anticipate your landscapes. I've never seen these perspectives of these famous places before, and I'm liking them a lot. Excellent work!! clap.gif

Thanks a lot... that is a real compliment (as I admire your work a lot)... Will post some more pics once I get time to convert them from RAW...

Cheers,
    edited June 8, 2008
    Shane422 wrote:
    I love the star trails, and you have quite a unique angle on Half dome. Nicely done.

Thanks Shane sir... I wanted to shoot some more star trails, but had limited time and dawn would break around 4:15 or so...Am looking forward to taking some more time exposures the next time around there...

Cheers,
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    thumb.gif to them all thumb.gif
  • scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    awesome, i especially like the layers in #2.
    was the first star trails from a single exposure or multiple?
  • joelhgarciajoelhgarcia Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Hi Sir I love your star trail photos and other images.

Would you mind how many hours do you captured the 360 degree star trails? How do you stretch your battery life?
    edited June 10, 2008
    f00sion wrote:
    awesome, i especially like the layers in #2.
    was the first star trails from a single exposure or multiple?

Hi there... it was a single exposure @ ISO 100 for 20 minutes (f2.8)... we just have to make sure that it is a dark night (either new moon or if not, then the moon should have set)...

Thanks for your comments....

Cheers,
    edited June 10, 2008
    Hi Sir I love your star trail photos and other images.

Would you mind how many hours do you captured the 360 degree star trails? How do you stretch your battery life?

Hi Joel,

I had the shutter open for around 20 minutes (ISO 100, F2.8)... so not that long... the difficult task is to set the focus in complete darkness. I just manually focus the lens at infinity and it seems to work (atleast for far away objects)...

BTW you need to point the camera to the North Star if you want the 360 degree trails...

Cheers,
  • VrungelVrungel Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Good selection, I liked the first and fifth ones the best although they don't imply Yosemite or any particular place :)
    thumb.gif
    edited June 10, 2008
    Vrungel wrote:
    Good selection, I liked the first and fifth ones the best although they don't imply Yosemite or any particular place :)
    thumb.gif

I agree that they don't imply Yosemite and Sequoia, but I just don't like to capture images to validate my presence there. :D I just enjoy taking pictures of whatever catches my eye...

Thanks for your comments!

Cheers,
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Wow, that's as strong of a set as I've ever seen in this forum, excellent shots all around!
    edited June 11, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Wow, that's as strong of a set as I've ever seen in this forum, excellent shots all around!

Thanks Ron- it was a lot of fun shooting this stuff...

Cheers,