I am pulling my hair out!

mochabeanmochabean Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited June 9, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Help....up till a couple of weeks ago my images loaded very fast....now it's a snail. My galleries just have the text with no images and then when I click a gallery, the images take forever to load. Please help me or I'll be bald!
Wendy
wendyclaire.smugmug.com

"Of all the senses, sight must be the most delightful." Helen Keller

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    mochabean wrote:
    Help....up till a couple of weeks ago my images loaded very fast....now it's a snail. My galleries just have the text with no images and then when I click a gallery, the images take forever to load. Please help me or I'll be bald!
    Wendy

Your galleries are loading just fine for me. Pretty speedy, in fact, for SM. Seriously-- takes a less than a second to load your galleries from where I am-- Portland, Oregon on Comcast.

Maybe it's an issue with your ISP? headscratch.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif What Dogwood just said ... maybe clear out your cache, cookies, etc?
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Hi please write our help desk, we have some diagnostics we can to help pinpoint the cause of your slowness. Your site loads instantly for me, too (New York).
  • mochabeanmochabean Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Thank you all. I believe it's a problem on my computer. I did get an activex notice last night when I was trying to uplaod images. The message said to use the information bar, but I didn't see one.

Is there some program that should be running for images to load smoothly and spontaniously? If so what might that be? And where do I look?
    wendyclaire.smugmug.com

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    mochabean wrote:
    Is there some program that should be running for images to load smoothly and spontaniously? If so what might that be? And where do I look?
    Hi, you should write our Heroes, and let us do some diagnostics with you. Reference this thread please.
  • mochabeanmochabean Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, you should write our Heroes, and let us do some diagnostics with you. Reference this thread please.

How do I do this? OK, I emailed help.smugmug and sent a diagnostic report. Is this correct?

Wendy
    wendyclaire.smugmug.com

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Please don't pull out any more hair and have a look at my email reply to your helpdesk email.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero