Options

Fire breathing and flaming poi

SaltWaterHippoSaltWaterHippo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited June 9, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
One of my friends occasionally does fire breathing and poi which is alot of fun to photgraph.

This was the first time I tried to take pictures of it in the woods one night.

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

This was taken the other night, The flames looked alot more defined when I used the aparture lock on the lens (Still learning :D)

IMG_3716.jpg

This was him kicking the cup of white spirit, I like how it spiraled threw the air, Shame the trampoline was in the way :(

IMG_3725.jpg

C&C are welcome :)

Comments

• Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Cool images. I guess the surrounding is wet enough that you don't have to worry about the grass and plants catching fire. Can't really do that here in Southern California since it's a tinder box.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    This is all pretty due to my final fantasy gaming but it looks like you ran into a fire elemental in the first pic and I would like you to run, they have high hp! I like the first two pics best. There really is something to the first one though. It's a bit fish eye and that ties it all together in a spherical theme. Were you shooting through something? It looks like there a cookie or snoot or some other tunnel effect going on?
  • Options
    SaltWaterHippoSaltWaterHippo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    Cool images. I guess the surrounding is wet enough that you don't have to worry about the grass and plants catching fire. Can't really do that here in Southern California since it's a tinder box.

Cuong

Thanks. It's really difficult to start a fire in the woods here, you could probably build a fire in the woods without it spreading or getting out of hand, Theres padels hand incase it does though :) I dont think its ever happened in the woodland near my home but I know LA is quite bad for it. The last time I was there I seen it on the news and when we flew I seen all the smoke from the plane.

Were you shooting through something? It looks like there a cookie or snoot or some other tunnel effect going on?

I never played it myself but I've been told to. I'm not sure what you mean but cookie of snoot but I think the tunnel effect you are talking about is the vignetting from the fish eye but its lit up instead of black? Might have been from the RAW editing I done in Photoshop? Just speaking from ignorance, I honestly couldnt tell you.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Wow these are cool i loved the 1st a lot
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    That first one is quite attention getting. Very well done.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Neat round of shots. thumb.gif Pretty interesting. I'm favoring #1 as really
    nice. This friend is a walking fire hazard? Whipping flames in the forest. headscratch.gif
    :D Michael
    Michael
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    I have no idea either. These are great though. I usually don't care for people shot with fisheye lenses but this really works.