Mono Lake & Bodie

ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
edited June 16, 2008 in Landscapes
Took a quick run over Tioga Pass this weekend to grab a sunrise and spend a little time in Bodie.

309999634_WrPoC-M.jpg

309999450_he68m-M.jpg

Comments

• aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Great pics! We drove past Mono Lake during a 2-week family western driving adventure. I wanted to stop, but was out-voted :cry Looks like a very interesting and photogenic place.

Tioga Pass was funny for us. Just before arriving at the Yosemite gate, we hear a loud "POP" from the back of our rented minivan. I ask my son in the back to see if he could find the source. He starts laughing rolleyes1.gif . Turns out a big bag of potato chips we'd bought in Las Vegas, had expanded as we drove higher. It finally burst, spewing chips all over the back area of the van.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Love your first photo thumb.gif
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    aj986s wrote:
    Great pics! We drove past Mono Lake during a 2-week family western driving adventure. I wanted to stop, but was out-voted :cry Looks like a very interesting and photogenic place.

Tioga Pass was funny for us. Just before arriving at the Yosemite gate, we hear a loud "POP" from the back of our rented minivan. I ask my son in the back to see if he could find the source. He starts laughing rolleyes1.gif . Turns out a big bag of potato chips we'd bought in Las Vegas, had expanded as we drove higher. It finally burst, spewing chips all over the back area of the van.

We had a Pringles can do that once going over the pass, scared the heck out of me rolleyes1.gif
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Ed,

Both good shots and I find the Mono Lake shot especially nice.

Just wanted to say I've been to your site a few times. Your work is inspiring to me.

-best
    Walter
    Anybody can do it.
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    That Mono Lake shot is great. The Bodie shot is nice too but I like the Mono Lake shot more! Maybe because I've had a chance to shoot Bodie, but even though I spent six months working for the Park Service in Yosemite, I've never shot Mono Lake!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    really like the first one... works very well in B&W. if i ever get down that way, Bodie will definitely be on my list of places to see!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Great as usual Ed.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Ed I love the second one! thumb.gif
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Thanks Folks
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    I guess I missed this the first time Ed. As always...love them both! thumb.gif
    Me to, one of these days I'll finally get out there. Until then I'll keep drooling over your photos Ed.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    really liked the second shot