Help me with my next step...

liamSliamS Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited June 9, 2008 in Cameras
Hi All, thanks to those who gave me very helpful advice and guidence on my first thread about product info. Now has come the time to decide and keep warranties.

Ive decided to go for the Nikon D40 package deal as Its got some great reviews in the UK and comes very highly recommended. I got talking to a distributor too and he mentioned that I can hook this camera to a PC and run everything via my PC so Ill effectivly have Live View on a 22" screen.

Any advice or warning are welcome!

Also Im still searching for an ideal lighting solution - something great for an alrounder - needs to work for large and small scale industrial products. Also Ill be building my own light box and light table for our new premises so that'll be two things covered.

My aim is to get 3 to 5 lights with 3 or 4 soft boxes...Anything else i should be thinking about just send it y way!

Thanks again!

LiamS

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 9, 2008
    liamS wrote:
    I got talking to a distributor too and he mentioned that I can hook this camera to a PC and run everything via my PC so Ill effectivly have Live View on a 22" screen.

Any advice or warning are welcome!

I think this is inaccurate. While you can tether the camera to a PC, AFAIK you can only view the images after they are taken, not like a P&S where you can frame the images in the LCD before you shoot. That may be fine for your purposes, ne_nau.gif