300 2.8 + tubes

RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
edited June 10, 2008 in Holy Macro
I bought a set of Kenko tubes a couple years ago, but never really gave them much use. I saw a few people on other forums using the tubes with their primes and decided to give it a go. Here are a few from today. Taken with the D3, 300 2.8, and 38mm Kenko extension tube.

310129422_8o6Gz-XL.jpg

310129601_kwzLm-XL.jpg

310131176_DSqfU-XL.jpg
A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com

Comments

• GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited June 9, 2008
  • RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    The local pond is the background for all of these images.

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    These are really beautiful. I've been thinking of getting a macro lens but I also want the 300mm 2.8 VR After seeing these I might be leaning toward the 300. How close were you able to focus using that combo?

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    These are really beautiful. I've been thinking of getting a macro lens but I also want the 300mm 2.8. After seeing these I might be leaning toward the 300. How close were you able to focus using that combo?

For all of these shots, I was between 3 and 4 feet away. If there wasn't so much mud in the way, I would have tried stacking the tubes to get me even closer.

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Lovely shots - Looks like the ext tubes and lens combo worked well. Especially good for subjects like these and also butterflies.

Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    RKnecht wrote:
    I bought a set of Kenko tubes a couple years ago, but never really gave them much use. I saw a few people on other forums using the tubes with their primes and decided to give it a go. Here are a few from today. Taken with the D3, 300 2.8, and 38mm Kenko extension tube.

These look great, I remember a long long time ago reading on another forum who provided with examples MACRO's shot with numerous different lenses some of the most amazing Macro images.

Those Kenko tubes are really worth the money nod.gif
    Good series, thanks for sharing thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin