Options

Jump!

rzerrrzerr Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited June 10, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I took this photo a long time ago (2000), so the quality of the scanned image is not so good. It was taken on Lake Powell in Utah. We stayed on a houseboat for a week and we would sit on top of the second floor deck playing games. When we got hot, we would run and jump into the water from 10 feet up. It was great fun.

310181123_UXpkg-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    rzerr wrote:
    I took this photo a long time ago (2000), so the quality of the scanned image is not so good. It was taken on Lake Powell in Utah. We stayed on a houseboat for a week and we would sit on top of the second floor deck playing games. When we got hot, we would run and jump into the water from 10 feet up. It was great fun.

Ohhhhh I remember the year 2000 rolleyes1.gif wasn't that long ago really :D
    Was there more water in it back then, than there is now?

The image could easily be mistaken for two shots put together,
    because the person diving is standing on an angle that if turned would look like he is standing but getting ready to jump.

It's fun to look back on old photos... thanks for sharing thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    rzerrrzerr Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Ohhhhh I remember the year 2000 rolleyes1.gif wasn't that long ago really :D
    Was there more water in it back then, than there is now?

The image could easily be mistaken for two shots put together,
    because the person diving is standing on an angle that if turned would look like he is standing but getting ready to jump.

It's fun to look back on old photos... thanks for sharing thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

2000 was the beginning of the drought. I think it was only about 20 feet low in 2000. I think that is what I like about the image is it easily looks fake, but it is not. The angle is probably because I was on the boat and moving quickly.