Comments

• Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Sweet,
  • Options
    shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Beautiful photo. Really like it. It is a little bigger than I can see all at one time on my monitor so take this with a grain of salt. I think it would look even nicer if you de-saturated the floor to bring more attention to the bride. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Beautiful photo. Really like it. It is a little bigger than I can see all at one time on my monitor so take this with a grain of salt. I think it would look even nicer if you de-saturated the floor to bring more attention to the bride. Thanks for sharing!

thanks! would black and white make it better?
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Oh, I love it just as it is. If it were mine I would be so proud! Great job!

(Just the one photo? We need some more from you...)
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2008
    rhommel wrote:
    thanks! would black and white make it better?

Could you post a smaller photo or point me to a smaller version. I really like the tones of white you have and the color of her skin. I am just really curious if a little de-saturation would bring more focus to the beautiful bride. I agree with Heather...it is a beautiful photo; one to be very proud of. But I would like to see another version for comparison. Would be interesting as well to see a good BW conversion too.
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2008
    I don't think this would be as good in B&W
    The desat on the floor is worth a try but I would say only slightly. I think the tone in the floor is complementing.
    The image is stunning and agreed you should be proud.
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Very pretty.
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    I think it would look even nicer if you de-saturated the floor to bring more attention to the bride.
    I actually disagree... sorry. I think the color of the floor nicely balances a similar tone in the skin of the brides shoulders. Lovely image. Wish I took it!
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    I like how you captured the rhinstones on her veil twinkling. The turn of her head leads me to believe she's smiling or laughing. It's a good feeling photo. Very light and airy.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    thanks all your comments.. I am proud of my photo, however, i do wanna get better, that's why i post these photos to see if there's anything that i can do or could have done to make my photos stand out more :)

here's a smaller version :)

kar04_1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    rhommel,
    This is a great photo. Seeing it all at once on the screen reduces my thoughts on the floor. The color of the floor plays well with the skin tones. Great as stands. Print it big and hang it on the wall.

Just for fun I played with your photo (let me know if you want me to pull it...sorry I didn't ask permission.)

For every photo, there are an equally large number of interpretations for treatment. My first interpretation of your shot when I saw it was an elegant bride in a dreamy world.

To pursue that thought visually, I took the photo more that direction. I think I took it too far, but failed to save a version of the photo that I could go back to. Anyway...for what it is worth, here is another interpretation of a great photo. Remember that I am a hacker at best, so take it for what it is worth...(.000001 cents :D)

Again...a great photo that you should be proud of.

310606511_rYtpo-L.jpg
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    rhommel,
    This is a great photo. Seeing it all at once on the screen reduces my thoughts on the floor. The color of the floor plays well with the skin tones. Great as stands. Print it big and hang it on the wall.

Just for fun I played with your photo (let me know if you want me to pull it...sorry I didn't ask permission.)

For every photo, there are an equally large number of interpretations for treatment. My first interpretation of your shot when I saw it was an elegant bride in a dreamy world.

To pursue that thought visually, I took the photo more that direction. I think I took it too far, but failed to save a version of the photo that I could go back to. Anyway...for what it is worth, here is another interpretation of a great photo. Remember that I am a hacker at best, so take it for what it is worth...(.000001 cents :D)

310606511_rYtpo-L.jpg

I like the dreamy quality and the white wash. I loved the green of her flowers peeking over her shoulder and the rich color of her skin helped the buoyancy of her smiling cheek... is there a way of keeping those elements sharp while having this dreamy quality around her? I like how you softened the floor but the harshness of the light now shows all the wrinkles and blotted the fun details of the shot... or am I being too harsh and something happened the image during upload? I agree that the floor coloured mirrored her skin nicely.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Wonderful shot!! iloveyou.gif

I usually take the same shot with pretty much all my brides, but got to say, it only worked out sofar when I had a ceilling-to-floor window (as I usually get a bad shade where the "half-wall" is) ... but you did a great job! thumb.gif

Gorgeous photo!!

(and I also like your version, shatch!)
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Lovely photo! I think a tighter crop on the upper 1/2 of the photo would also work.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    I really like this shot. How did you light the bride's shadow side?
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    Shatch, I'd like to stand over your shoulder and watch you work for some processing experience. very nice,
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Wonderful shot!!
    I usually take the same shot with pretty much all my brides, but got to say, it only worked out sofar when I had a ceilling-to-floor window (as I usually get a bad shade where the "half-wall" is) ... but you did a great job!
    Gorgeous photo!!
    (and I also like your version, shatch!)

Thanks. This was taken last Saturday, the hottest day so far here in Toronto (felt like 40 celsius, 100+ farenheit) and this was shot at around NOON!!
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    I really like this shot. How did you light the bride's shadow side?

i just used the natural light coming form the window...
    shatch wrote:
    rhommel,
    To pursue that thought visually, I took the photo more that direction. I think I took it too far, but failed to save a version of the photo that I could go back to. Anyway...for what it is worth, here is another interpretation of a great photo. Remember that I am a hacker at best, so take it for what it is worth...(.000001 cents )

your version is nice too!! but yeah, permission first before edit is appreciated :)
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    My sincere appology. I have removed it from all internet sources. It will still show up on those computers who have the file in their temporary internet files on their computer but all new viewers to the thread will not see it. Congratulations again on a wonderful photo.
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    My sincere appology. I have removed it from all internet sources. It will still show up on those computers who have the file in their temporary internet files on their computer but all new viewers to the thread will not see it. Congratulations again on a wonderful photo.

you dont need to apologize man.. u did a great job on the post processing and wouldn't mind you posting it again. i just wish u could've told me before u posted it, that's all :)
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    nice photo
    Jaye