Natasha + Original

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited April 13, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
Thank you very much for all your kindest words!
As the question was in PS postprocessing (namely Softening) and some of my friends here asked to post an original photo - I decided to start a new Thread.
Sorry, but as usual I don't try to remember what I'm doing in PS with this or that photo...
Original (only resized and conv to 72 dpi):
2097.jpg
Result:
2090.jpg
Spasibo, Yuri

Comments

• gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Fantastic work Turi, Beautiful eyes, again!!!
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    Fantastic work Turi, Beautiful eyes, again!!!
    Amazing... amazing..iloveyou.gif
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Well, you had great material to start off, but you did a fantastic job in post.

The crop is inspired, the decision to push the darkness of her hair, increased saturation of her eyes, perfect sharpening in the eyes, smothing her skin. All good. As I said before, I think a slightly lighter hand with the blur on her nose and cheek would be a little more pleasing. But this is really an artist's call.

Make a calendar of these women and I will buy it.
    If not now, when?
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    A wonderful job thumb.gif
  • Jerry CurtisJerry Curtis Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Hi Yuri
    Gorgeous girl. Great pose and capture.

I like the crop very much - and the softening effect, but I find the resulting featureless white areas on her nose and upper cheeks distracting.

I hate to go against the trend on this one. You know I love your work and seldom have a critical comment, but I have to be honest...
    -Jerry

Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are usually right.
    - Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Wow, Yuri, amazing
    Thank you for posting the original and the processed version, you're the master when it comes to bringing out the most in your models!

The original is very good, but your post brought out her best features... I'm glad I got to see the before and after, I'm not sure I would have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Just goes to show what can be done with good post processing skills and cropping.

You made her portrait become mysterious and magical... clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Priviet, dear friends!
    Thank you very much for all your kindest words!
    As the question was in PS postprocessing (namely Softening) and some of my friends here asked to post an original photo - I decided to start a new Thread.
    Sorry, but as usual I don't try to remember what I'm doing in PS with this or that photo...
    Original (only resized and conv to 72 dpi):

Result:

Spasibo, Yuri

Hey Yuri, what resolution are you shooting?
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 12, 2005
    wow, yuri... beautiful model and stunning work. what amazing eyes! :oogle
    absolutely lovely and really nicely done thumb.gif

sash
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 12, 2005
    Yuri,
    This was a no lose proposition. She's beautiful in the original too thumb.gifthumb.gif Although, you did a wonderful job of glamorizing her with your edit clap.gifclap.gif

I have to say, I like your version better than what came out of the camera. Too bad you can't remember your workflow. I'm sure others would love to use it on their pics ne_nau.gif I know what you mean though. I just mess around until the image I'm working on "looks right". Don't ask me what I did afterwards though.....lol

Thanks for sharing the original with us. You and Yehuda always seem to shoot the most beautiful people. They probably wouldn't even allow me into your country for a visit. I'm just too homely......lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    I have a question... are you familiar with Adobe 7.0? If so, would you happen to know which tool gives such a softening effect? I've been wanting to know the answer to this question for two years at least (I haven't asked around much).

Very nice. Captivating. Stunning.
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    kc7dji wrote:
    Hey Yuri, what resolution are you shooting?
    I use 2560x1920 pixel - 5 Megapix on my Sony F707.
    edited April 13, 2005
    Gorgeous girl. Great pose and capture.

I like the crop very much - and the softening effect, but I find the resulting featureless white areas on her nose and upper cheeks distracting.

I hate to go against the trend on this one. You know I love your work and seldom have a critical comment, but I have to be honest...

Honest critique - that's what I need!
    Spasibo, Jerry!
    edited April 13, 2005
    purified wrote:
    I have a question... are you familiar with Adobe 7.0? If so, would you happen to know which tool gives such a softening effect? I've been wanting to know the answer to this question for two years at least (I haven't asked around much).

Very nice. Captivating. Stunning.
    Sorry, if I can't help you.
    I often use some filters from www.optikvervelabs.com (free download plugins for PS),
    and Harry's secret:

-duplicate layer
    -set blending mode to multiply
    -blur duplicated layer (Gaussian 2-20)
    -set opacity to whatever you want 20-100

Yuri
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    Mac users don't bother going to Optikvervelabs... :-(
    Sorry, if I can't help you.
    I often use some filters from www.optikvervelabs.com (free download plugins for PS),
    and Harry's secret:

-duplicate layer
    -set blending mode to multiply
    -blur duplicated layer (Gaussian 2-20)
    -set opacity to whatever you want 20-100

Yuri

There are so many actions and filters that do similar things it's downloading them and trying them out to find out what works best.

I'll try the blurred duplicated layer trick though!

Thanks Yuri for posting the original, that was quite a learning experience. My hubby agrees with some of the other posters that he doesn't like the "flat area" around the nose, but it didn't really bother me.

I told him you were using the 707 and he was quite happy to hear the older Sony's are getting put to good use.