Aunt with camera

jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
edited June 10, 2008 in People
Edit: Added crop version and numbered photos.
My niece got married! For the record, I did not interfere with the paid professional. Went early and took camera to "try" to get a nice picture of my family while were were all dressed up!

My role was aunt, not photographer!

1. one last look before walking down the isle
309921114_mnijZ-L.jpg

2. This one didn't turn out as planned...I have no idea what is on the mirror...my daughter and her boyfriend in the background
309921356_zKzoP-M.jpg

3. My niece and my great niece
309923576_RGYVX-M.jpg

3a. Crop
311789471_F9sJ7-M.jpg

4. The I know you want to leave but roll down the window please for one last shot picture
310417223_ePmAo-M.jpg

5. The I've never seen a pair before and will probably never see a pair again so take a picture picture
309931457_NtVVZ-M.jpg

What I learned: I do not know how to use my camera and flash in low light settings. I learned the pop up flash on the camera can create a nasty shadow in your pictures. I learned I have a lot to learn!

6. Daughter and Boyfriend
309688207_nMgq7-M-1.jpg

7. My children
309689599_Q5k8Q-M-1.jpg

8. Lets get a nice picture while we are all dressed up.....
309708616_emUhX-L-1.jpg
Jaye

Comments

• nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    I like the color in the second one! Wish they were a little taller or the flowers were a little shorter, but ohh well!

Beautiful family, but i can't see the last few pics??
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Just for the record - you did good!!

Love the first one - nice expression. Though I think you may have WB issue - her skin looks a little strange.

The gunk on the mirror - you should be able to clone that out without too much problem.

Really like the expressions of joy in #3. Re-crop for portrait orientation, maybe?

I also can't see the last few images - link problems?
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    #3 is super! I agree with the crop idea, it'll remove the dress bag and the mirror line.
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback. I think you should be able to see the pictures now, I somehow had the external link no set...
    Jaye