Options

New to this B+W stuff, help!

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited April 12, 2005 in Landscapes
I don't have ny expiriance with black and white. I like this shot, I like the things i've done in post, but, i don't know if it's any good. Tell me if it blows, tell me if it's ok but doesn't really do anything for you, tell me if i should frame it. I have no idea. (but I think it's a neat shot!)

19500964-M.jpg

thanks for the feedback!
chris
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    I don't have ny expiriance with black and white. I like this shot, I like the things i've done in post, but, i don't know if it's any good. Tell me if it blows, tell me if it's ok but doesn't really do anything for you, tell me if i should frame it. I have no idea. (but I think it's a neat shot!)

19500964-M.jpg

thanks for the feedback!
    chris
    Hi Chris wave.gif thanks for sharing. I'm having difficulty picking a spot to focus on.. was there a particular part of this gate that caught your attention? also it's a little bit dark on my monitor. Can you reshot and focus on the part you like most?thumb.gif
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Chris wave.gif thanks for sharing. I'm having difficulty picking a spot to focus on.. was there a particular part of this gate that caught your attention? also it's a little bit dark on my monitor. Can you reshot and focus on the part you like most?thumb.gif
    Thanks, I think you hit it head on. I couldn't place my finger on it, but that's just it, there's no real focal point to the image. Thanks!! (like I said, new to this, so I'm feeling it out as I go!)

I think it looks dark because I ps'd it on my laptop, and the lcd's not the best for making judgement calls. I can normally guess the 'offset' and be close, but I normally work with nature scenes.

Thanks again,
    Chris
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg