Options

Watermark on print sales

LaFlacaDLaFlacaD Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited June 19, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I know that the watermark used on my pictures will not show up on prints purchased BUT there's no mention of this upon the checkout and I wonder whether I'm missing where it states this for clients or if it in fact is not there. And if its not there is there a way for me to put a disclaimer that states something along the lines of watermark shown will not be on prints because I have some rather technologically unsavy clients.

Comments

• Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    LaFlacaD wrote:
    And if its not there is there a way for me to put a disclaimer that states something along the lines of watermark shown will not be on prints because I have some rather technologically unsavy clients.

I put in the gallery descrption;

http://knippixels.smugmug.com/gallery/2715134_6J2Mt#143927491_oBy8w
  • Options
    aerialphotoaerialphoto Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    LaFlacaD wrote:
    And if its not there is there a way for me to put a disclaimer that states something along the lines of watermark shown will not be on prints because I have some rather technologically unsavy clients.

I suspect they don't include a disclaimer in the "checkout" process because some people embed signatures or copyright notices in their images that do appear in the images... anyway, I used to have it in my "description" box - now I have an html-only page that has all my purchasing terms. The terms page explains about the watermarks.

Here's a sample gallery
    Here's the terms-page