Options

Duplicate galleries

jwalkerohjwalkeroh Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited June 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have two galleries that have duplicated themselves. I'm sure it's something I did, but I'm not sure what. I was changing gallery customizations using the "Quick Setting: apply to other galleries" tool. After I ran it, I had these two sets of duplicates.

1) Name = Test; ID = 5001011_WFcaN
2) Name = Equine Performance; ID = 4958232_STy9F

For Test, I deleted one of the duplicates. Now what I'm left with is this empty gallery, and if you click on it you go to 'www.smumug.com'. There does not appear to be any way for me to delete what is left over. Please completely delete this gallery for me.

For Equine Performance, I'd like to have one of the duplicates removed and not lose the photos it contains. Please correct the situation for this gallery.

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    jwalkeroh wrote:
    I have two galleries that have duplicated themselves. I'm sure it's something I did, but I'm not sure what. I was changing gallery customizations using the "Quick Setting: apply to other galleries" tool. After I ran it, I had these two sets of duplicates.

1) Name = Test; ID = 5001011_WFcaN
    2) Name = Equine Performance; ID = 4958232_STy9F

For Test, I deleted one of the duplicates. Now what I'm left with is this empty gallery, and if you click on it you go to 'www.smumug.com'. There does not appear to be any way for me to delete what is left over. Please completely delete this gallery for me.

For Equine Performance, I'd like to have one of the duplicates removed and not lose the photos it contains. Please correct the situation for this gallery.

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks.

The gallery named Test is now gone, but I still have 2 copies of the gallery named Equine Performance. Please correct the situation for this gallery. Thanks.
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    jwalkeroh wrote:
    The gallery named Test is now gone, but I still have 2 copies of the gallery named Equine Performance. Please correct the situation for this gallery. Thanks.
    The 'Test' gallery was part of a share group when you deleted it and it got stuck in the group. I removed it by going to the share group and clicking on the 'galleries' button and refreshing the galleries.

The other issue is a 'bug' on our end. If you enter via a share group link this will cause the galleries to duplicate. If you clear your browser cookies and enter your site they should be gone. I just tested on your site and I saw the same and clearing cookies worked.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    richW wrote:
    The 'Test' gallery was part of a share group when you deleted it and it got stuck in the group. I removed it by going to the share group and clicking on the 'galleries' button and refreshing the galleries.

The other issue is a 'bug' on our end. If you enter via a share group link this will cause the galleries to duplicate. If you clear your browser cookies and enter your site they should be gone. I just tested on your site and I saw the same and clearing cookies worked.

Thanks. I accessed the site from a different workstation and did not see the duplicates. I'll try clearing the cookies from the original workstation. I'll let you know if I still have a problem.