Opinions Solicited

hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
edited June 10, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Working on a concept for Challenge 2.2 but I've been playing with it so long I'm not sure what I have anymore. Brutal criticism gladly accepted.

310816653_vovVK-L.jpg

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    ne_nau.gif no brutal-ness here...

imho, i dont find this shot there for the theme....ok theres some drops but they are over powered by everything else....can you get closer to the drops?

another thing that would help this shot is bg exposure needs to be far darker... help the prominent branch stand out from the lot.
    Aaron Nelson
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Thanks for the input. I had already darkened the background somewhat and made a series of adjustments to enhance the leaves. But after awhile I wasn't sure if I was getting anywhere. Time to move on...
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    Thanks for the input. I had already darkened the background somewhat and made a series of adjustments to enhance the leaves. But after awhile I wasn't sure if I was getting anywhere. Time to move on...

Try getting closer to the drops with you camera. Do you have a macro lens?
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Nope, no macro. Using a 50-200mm so I have to stand off about 1 meter and zoom. A little tricky to hold focus and get a tight crop.
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Hey Tom, since you don't have a macro lens one of the people on dailies used a magnifying glass and got an awesome shot.

Peace, gail