Options

Private pictures

jediazjediaz Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited April 12, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I think a feature like this would be very useful to many:

* Have a "Private Picture" button on each picture so I can have all my pictures on a particular gallery and only make visible to others those that are not private. This is useful since I like to use SMUGMUG as my pictures storage (backup) place, but I want to have them all, not just those that I want to share. As it is now, I would have to have 2 galleries for each one that I want to upload, 1 with all the pictures and 1 with only those that I want to share (which is usually most, except only a few ones where we have a dorky look or whatever). This feature could be added to the part where there is the dropdown list to "Remove picture - Remove picture bulk - arrange picture - etc". It could read something like "Mark picture as private - Mark picture as private bulk".

I know I'm not the only one thinking of this... if anyone reads this and backs me up, please say so, so SMUGMUG knows it's not just me wanting it.

Thanks, JD xzicon_smile_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 12, 2005
    jediaz wrote:
    I think a feature like this would be very useful to many:

* Have a "Private Picture" button on each picture so I can have all my pictures on a particular gallery and only make visible to others those that are not private. This is useful since I like to use SMUGMUG as my pictures storage (backup) place, but I want to have them all, not just those that I want to share. As it is now, I would have to have 2 galleries for each one that I want to upload, 1 with all the pictures and 1 with only those that I want to share (which is usually most, except only a few ones where we have a dorky look or whatever). This feature could be added to the part where there is the dropdown list to "Remove picture - Remove picture bulk - arrange picture - etc". It could read something like "Mark picture as private - Mark picture as private bulk".

I know I'm not the only one thinking of this... if anyone reads this and backs me up, please say so, so SMUGMUG knows it's not just me wanting it.

Thanks, JD xzicon_smile_cool.gif
    Hi, other sharing sites like pbase have this very same private image option you describe that allows images to remain in the gallery, but not be visible to guests. Guests can still access or link to these images if you give them the direct image urls. This is called private images and even though I don't use the feature very much, I can see many values to some folks if this option were available to smugmug users.

Have a good day.

-don