Here are a few...

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited June 12, 2008 in People
So I tried to capture my friend and a really cute kid in Sequoia park under different lighting conditions. The lighting and the perspective are unconventional (some distortion in the pictures) in some of these, but I found the effects interesting. What do you guys think of these?

311097135_hXCre-L-1.jpg

311100135_Z7Fqu-L-1.jpg

311101205_wYy7z-L-1.jpg

311101543_YbyAY-L-1.jpg

311111768_DmvcB-L-1.jpg

311108801_w8RFu-L-1.jpg

Cheers,

Comments

• evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    I really like them especially the exposure and colors in 3, 5, and 6.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    I really like the processing on all of these, however, i find distortion somewhat odd looking, like your 3rd shot isn't really "right"

Otherwise, all well thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    The lighting in the first one rocks! i love how it plays on all the different textures. I especially like how there is a large dark area at the top of the photo but his hair is lit. clap.gif

I like the distortion in 3, makes it interesting!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    The lighting in the first one rocks! i love how it plays on all the different textures. I especially like how there is a large dark area at the top of the photo but his hair is lit. clap.gif

I like the distortion in 3, makes it interesting!

Thanks for your comments Damon, Marina and Nicole... I too found the lighting interesting but was not too sure about the distortion. I guess it does work at a certain level... it is one of those things that you either like it or hate it... :D

Cheers,
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    I like 1 &4
    3 is too odd for me
    edited June 12, 2008
    beetle8 wrote:
    I like 1 &4
    3 is too odd for me

:D That's cool... #3 works for some and not for others... appreciate your honest feedback... :ivar

Cheers,
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    These are pretty cool. I'd say to lessen the reds as 3 of them (1,3,6) takes away.....looks like a rash of some sort. The last one, the little boy has a red nose like Rudolf....other than that, very moderistic approach.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited June 12, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    These are pretty cool. I'd say to lessen the reds as 3 of them (1,3,6) takes away.....looks like a rash of some sort. The last one, the little boy has a red nose like Rudolf....other than that, very moderistic approach.

Thanks Swartzy- I see the red cast and will take care of it... rash...:D ... love that...

Yeah that kid really did have a red nose (guess from the nip in the air)...

Cheers,
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    I'm a complete 180 on #1 and #3. The overexposure makes him look fake and the stark contrast of light in the first one is jarring to me. I'm just a n00b tho... I like the ones of the little boy. His eyes and hair are just darling. I officially like 5 and 6. Just something wholesome about them. Maybe his sloight bashfulness, I don't know.
    edited June 12, 2008
    I'm a complete 180 on #1 and #3. The overexposure makes him look fake and the stark contrast of light in the first one is jarring to me. I'm just a n00b tho... I like the ones of the little boy. His eyes and hair are just darling. I officially like 5 and 6. Just something wholesome about them. Maybe his sloight bashfulness, I don't know.

Your point is well taken sir... These are the kind of photos that bring out extreme reactions... so I totally get what you are saying... thanks for your comments...

Cheers,
    edited June 12, 2008
    I'm a girl. rolleyes1.gif
    You are most welcome. I have a masculine tone, no? Not many girls fling video game and movie references like I do.:ivar
    edited June 12, 2008
    I'm a girl. rolleyes1.gif
    You are most welcome. I have a masculine tone, no? Not many girls fling video game and movie references like I do.:ivar

rolleyes1.gif Oh no.... sowwiee... you certainly DON'T have a masculine tone... I don't know why I thought you were a dude... but you are a dudette... clap.gif Awesome!!!

Thanks again for being a good sport...

Cheers,
    edited June 12, 2008
    shniks wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif Oh no.... sowwiee... you certainly DON'T have a masculine tone... I don't know why I thought you were a dude... but you are a dudette...
    Cheers,
    It's ok. :D
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Dudette! that doesn't go through spell check.

movie quotes? I'll keep that in mind, I'm not great at it but I love it!