Desert Sunset

coskiercoskier Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited June 13, 2008 in Landscapes
Shot the following last fall north of Phoenix. Hoping to get up that way again when I am in PHX again this fall...

2100632171_5e5294feae_b.jpg

Comments

• cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    It feels like eveything is on the right of the middle. A crop of the left side would make the pic too slim. Did you already crop this? If not, maybe restore to original size and try to get the cactus off center left. Very nice silhouettes and great sky colour capture!
  • coskiercoskier Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 11, 2008
    It feels like eveything is on the right of the middle. A crop of the left side would make the pic too slim. Did you already crop this? If not, maybe restore to original size and try to get the cactus off center left. Very nice silhouettes and great sky colour capture!

Good advice. It seems like I remember centering it because there were powerlines to the right and a gas line to the left...
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    coskier wrote:
    Good advice. It seems like I remember centering it because there were powerlines to the right and a gas line to the left...

It's worth a shot? You might get some nice shapes? Do you have photoshop? You can get rid of elements you don't like and if not, you can download it for a 30 day trial and use those tools.
  • coskiercoskier Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 11, 2008
    It's worth a shot? You might get some nice shapes? Do you have photoshop? You can get rid of elements you don't like and if not, you can download it for a 30 day trial and use those tools.

Indeed, it is worth a shot. I'll play with it some more.
  • Digital IllusionsDigital Illusions Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    I really like the colors and the silhouette of the shot; however, the transmission towers on the horizon ruined it for me. I would use Photoshop to remove them and if possible set the cactus off center as the others have said.
    Brian C. Gailey, Owner / Operator
    Digital Illusions Photography & Design
    1764 Shawna Ct, Klamath Falls OR, 97603
    Email | Website | Blog | Facebook | MySpace |Newsletter | Subscribe

"The Race is long but in the end it is only with yourself" ~Unknown