Waldo Covered Bridge - the bridge to nowhere

DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
edited June 25, 2008 in Landscapes
This is Waldo Covered Bridge located in the very small village of Waldo, Alabama. It is somewhat strange looking because the bridge originally had three sections. There is the covered portion shown in the photo which actually crossed the creek. The two approaches on either end of the bridge were not covered and crossed the flood plain areas on either side of the creek. There were high banks on either side of the flood plains where the approaches were originally anchored. Since the approaches weren't covered they long ago rotted away leaving this a bridge to nowhere.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Click on the image for EXIF data.

311392660_sdRBn-XL.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look. Click HERE for other photos in my Americana Series.
Dixie
Photographs by Dixie
| Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!

Comments

• summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2008
    Interesting, I like that, thanks. thumb.gif
    and your gallery is great!
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    summerz wrote:
    Interesting, I like that, thanks. thumb.gif
    and your gallery is great!

Thank you. Your comments are greatly appreciated.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    Very KoooooLthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited June 23, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Very KoooooLthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow

Thanks, Art.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    I thought I was missing something. What's a Waldo and how does it cover a bridge? Is that guy in the striped shirt on the bridge?
    I see it's a covered bridge that has somehow lost it's footing. It looks more like a treehouse, now.
    I like how you captured the lawn beneath it too, it looks like a green painting.thumb.gif
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Love it! For some reason, all I could think about was that scene in the movie Beetlejuice hehe. Great capture thumb.gif
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
    edited June 25, 2008
    I thought I was missing something. What's a Waldo and how does it cover a bridge? Is that guy in the striped shirt on the bridge?
    I see it's a covered bridge that has somehow lost it's footing. It looks more like a treehouse, now.
    I like how you captured the lawn beneath it too, it looks like a green painting.thumb.gif

Thanks. Lots of green with shadows. Taken late afternoon.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited June 25, 2008
    Pezpix wrote:
    Love it! For some reason, all I could think about was that scene in the movie Beetlejuice hehe. Great capture thumb.gif

Thanks, Pezpix.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie