Options

Flood '08

DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited June 12, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I live in the part of the country that is being hit by floods. It's been a scarey time but thankfully I have not been personally effected by this. All of my family is safe and dry. My mother lives an hour north of me and the first shots are from my home town of Nora Springs.

My husband thought this was a bit funny as the bridge out sign is there because the bridge is old. But hey, if it works...
311501629_UJmC5-M.jpg

The raging Shell Rock invades a yard.
311511055_UxXZW-M.jpg

This is one of the tallest bridges in Waterloo, the city I live in now. Never seen the water this high...ever! THe Cedar River crested at 25ft and has now gone down 4 ft.
311516276_gPpoy-M.jpg

Lake meets river in George Wyth park...rather abruptly.
311525259_anLfP-M.jpg

My thoughts and prayers are will being effected by this disaster. If you'd like to see more go to www.spinnindragon.smugmug.com Flood 2008 Thanks for taking a look. Dizzy

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Dizzy wrote:
    I live in the part of the country that is being hit by floods. It's been a scarey time but thankfully I have not been personally effected by this. All of my family is safe and dry. My mother lives an hour north of me and the first shots are from my home town of Nora Springs.

My husband thought this was a bit funny as the bridge out sign is there because the bridge is old. But hey, if it works...

The raging Shell Rock invades a yard.

This is one of the tallest bridges in Waterloo, the city I live in now. Never seen the water this high...ever! THe Cedar River crested at 25ft and has now gone down 4 ft.

Lake meets river in George Wyth park...rather abruptly.

My thoughts and prayers are will being effected by this disaster. If you'd like to see more go to www.spinnindragon.smugmug.com Flood 2008 Thanks for taking a look. Dizzy

Glad you all okay Dizzy,
    that water sure looks like its moving fast in that second shot.

These kind of shots are great for historical records too nod.gif

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    I live in Des Moines, out levies are holding but I work next to the river. If we flood out I'm going to devote a few days to some flood photo captures.

Stay safe! I thought they evacuated you guys? Is Cedar Falls under too? Las tI heard they were sandbagged in and holding... but news reports run a few hours to a day late. It's hard enough to hear what the water level is at this moment.

As soon as my computer gets back from the doc and he's got a clean bill of health I'll be able to work on and post up the bridges near my home, the water is touching the roads and the clouds are always about being statuesque and menacing.

Gives new meaning to "higher ground" because we need some!