Dragon Fly in the Garden

carebearyogicarebearyogi Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 12, 2008 in Holy Macro
Hi everyone,

Check out this dragon fly in the backyard. Too bad I was on the phone with my friend, I think i would had token a closer shot of the little guy. :wink But hey, I couldn't ask for a better picture while im sitting on a rock with a phone in my hand. :barbWhat do you guys think? :thumb

DSC_7162.jpg

Comments

• david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Nice colours. Incidentally, dragonflies are my favorite subject. Can't take enough of it yet and still exploring the many ways of capturing.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Excellent shot :D

Now tell us you took it with the phone :D

Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Hi everyone,

Check out this dragon fly in the backyard. Too bad I was on the phone with my friend, I think i would had token a closer shot of the little guy. mwink.gif But hey, I couldn't ask for a better picture while im sitting on a rock with a phone in my hand. wings.gifWhat do you guys think? thumb.gif

I love they way Dragonflies appear to be smiling :D
    This is a really nice shot, lovely flower too ... and sharp! clap.gif .. Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    I love they way Dragonflies appear to be smiling :D
    This is a really nice shot, lovely flower too ... and sharp! clap.gif .. Skippy :D

This is going to sound weird but I think you just made me like dragonflies. I've been scared of them since I got bit by a few o na golf course as a wee lass. I never found them interesting and always intimidating [i know...rolleyes1.gif ] but then you write "they appear to be smiling" and I scrolled up and saw something similar to this: :D only with bugged out anime, happy! eyes.

What a wonderful capture and a wonderful comment. I like dragonflies now.:D