Sigma DP1 questions...

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited June 15, 2008 in Cameras
I've been able to do surprisingly large amounts of work with just an nikon s600 but the images just don't do it for me when it comes to trying to get a landscape in. I've tried holding even the smallest DSLRs and with the limited strength and my wrists and hands it just doesn't work. So today I'm probably going to go check out the sigma DP 1 mostly for how it feels in the hands, if I can comfortably use it. (Also if you know any chains or any stores in boston that carry it that would be a big help, I've been calling around and no one seems to have one)

My main issue is the "14 megapixel sensor" now I've had good luck with this Fuji sensors. So the idea of the smaller sensors combined isn't to foreign for me. My main question is, how does it do with large printing, I'm thinking about 30 inches or so on the long side (but I have access to a 60 inch printer as well so if they can go larger that would be great).

if anyone knows any specific faults or other great features i should know about, And also if you have any other ideas for compact, wide-angle camera that can take sharp images for landscapes

Comments

• NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Well after a day of shooting I stopped by the local store and even though they didn't have the Sigma. I got to try out the Olympus E420, which felt great in my hands.

I have a couple shots but if anyone has any landscape photos from this camera that would be great
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    Well after a day of shooting I stopped by the local store and even though they didn't have the Sigma. I got to try out the Olympus E420, which felt great in my hands.

I have a couple shots but if anyone has any landscape photos from this camera that would be great

I do not have the E420, however I do have the E510, and they have the same sensor and results will be extremely similar from both cameras. I will load some landscapes from my E510 later today. I will say I am EXTREMELY pleased with my E510. The E420 is slightly newer and may provide you with the highest quality images you can find in a camera that size. It is the smallest DSLR anywhere.