Options

The Moffat Ram

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited June 13, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Here are a couple of shots of the Moffat Ram which is a monument in the centre of Moffat, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland near to where I live. Moffat is well visited by Americans who have relatives and ancestors here.
Regards
Bob

311991599_x7NZ6-L.jpg
311991623_zauDB-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Why hello there Ram, you seem to have a bit of booger hangin' 'bout your nostril.
    Do you have any detail shots or ones that have experimental dof?
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Here are a couple of shots of the Moffat Ram which is a monument in the centre of Moffat, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland near to where I live. Moffat is well visited by Americans who have relatives and ancestors here.
    Regards
    Bob

That's one happy looking Ram Statue Bob :D
    Thanks for sharing Bob thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    Why hello there Ram, you seem to have a bit of booger hangin' 'bout your nostril.
    Do you have any detail shots or ones that have experimental dof?

I apologise as I am not quite sure what you mean by anymore detail shots with experimental DOF as I am still learning this game.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    That's one happy looking Ram Statue Bob :D
    Thanks for sharing Bob thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

Thanks Maxine for looking and taking the time to reply.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Close ups of the nose/fur/eyes/feet/parts. Depth of field means on thing is in focus while everything beyond or behind it is blurry. I'm not great at explaining either.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    Close ups of the nose/fur/eyes/feet/parts. Depth of field means on thing is in focus while everything beyond or behind it is blurry. I'm not great at explaining either.

Ah I see now what you mean. I didn't take any close ups of individual parts of it. I use a low F.stop to give me a shallow depth of field and a large F.stop for a deep depth. If that is correct.
    Regards
    Bob