Options

Test print necessary

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited June 14, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm a little concerned about ordering a large print from the photo below. I'm concerned with the lighting and trusting the histogram that this photo may actually be underexposed.

Does anyone here order a small test print in tough lighting before they spend more money on a large print for a client? I know smugmug has a great satisfaction policy, but I want to know how to get these right the first time without having to reprint.

Any thoughts?

309604427_AbByF-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    91 views and I can't get an answer to this question?

I guess most people just print and hope for the best. It seems to me that the biggest problem with many prints is underexposure.

Nobody would order a small print before ordering an expensive, large canvas print??
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Mitchell wrote:
    91 views and I can't get an answer to this question?

I guess most people just print and hope for the best. It seems to me that the biggest problem with many prints is underexposure.

Nobody would order a small print before ordering an expensive, large canvas print??
    It could use a bit of exposure adjustment. Maybe 1/3 stop. If you're planning a gallery wrapped canvance, the woman's head will wrap around the frame.

Mitch, write me at the help desk for near-instant response in the future.
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2008
    Thanks, Andy.

I'll play with the exposure before I print. I realize that I need to leave more room for the wrapped canvas.

Thanks again.