Options

Classic Cars...what's cooler???

hschlessphotohschlessphoto Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
edited June 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I'll tell you what's cooler....nothing! okay maybe a COUPLE of things....but they're definatly up there. with that said, I'm going to post a few shots from the Classic Cars Show that recently took place not far from where I live.

PLEASE take a look and PLEEEAAASSSEE leave some C+C. The light was superharsh (it was sunny and 90 around noon, which is when I was shooting) and I hope I did okay capturing the colors without under-exposing. OH, and I've never shot cars before.

Just a P.S.....I don't have my normal editing softwares since my computer is getting fixed. I didn't do a whole lot of editing anywas, but just an FYI. thanks.

On this one, I really liked the angle I got it from. I wanted to make it feel like the car was passing right by the viewer.
dsc0066zf2.jpg

I wanted to get the red on the tires into this shot. I thought it went well with the creamy color of the car.
dsc0079lx1.jpg

I Just thought the blue color on the car was very deep and was great with the silver grill
dsc0090uc9.jpg

I like repitition, even if it isnt exactly right within eachother.
dsc0086ls6.jpg

Just another fun perspective shot.
dsc0094ez5.jpg

I realllllly like this shot because the green is a very pretty color, and the the bits of yellow and red cars after provide a good background, at least I think.
dsc0119jw7.jpg

So please leave your C+C...much appreciated to those who do.:bow :bow
www.hankschlessphoto.com

Follow me on Instagram! @hankschlessphoto

Nikon D90, 85mm f/1.8, 18-70mm f/3.5, 70-300mm f/4.5, Nikon SB-800, MX-600 tripod

Comments

• Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    I really like the last one best because the three colours of cars in line one behind the other. It could have been angled more to exploit the angles in a line and get more of the colours.
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    I like 1. 4, and 6 the most.

1 could be better with some cropping.

The others- I just don't like the angle or comp.

You did an excellent job on exposure though! thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2008
    thanks for the responses you two. much appreciated. how could I crop #1 to make it better?
    www.hankschlessphoto.com

Nikon D90, 85mm f/1.8, 18-70mm f/3.5, 70-300mm f/4.5, Nikon SB-800, MX-600 tripod
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2008
    I'll tell you what's cooler....nothing! okay maybe a COUPLE of things....but they're definatly up there. with that said, I'm going to post a few shots from the Classic Cars Show that recently took place not far from where I live.

PLEASE take a look and PLEEEAAASSSEE leave some C+C. The light was superharsh (it was sunny and 90 around noon, which is when I was shooting) and I hope I did okay capturing the colors without under-exposing. OH, and I've never shot cars before.

Just a P.S.....I don't have my normal editing softwares since my computer is getting fixed. I didn't do a whole lot of editing anywas, but just an FYI. thanks.

On this one, I really liked the angle I got it from. I wanted to make it feel like the car was passing right by the viewer.

I wanted to get the red on the tires into this shot. I thought it went well with the creamy color of the car.

I Just thought the blue color on the car was very deep and was great with the silver grill

I like repitition, even if it isnt exactly right within eachother.

Just another fun perspective shot.

I realllllly like this shot because the green is a very pretty color, and the the bits of yellow and red cars after provide a good background, at least I think.

So please leave your C+C...much appreciated to those who do.bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Hard to work around people and barriers, not easy to exclude them from the images your taking.

You need to work on your composition ... I like the last one too thumb.gif
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    I like your shots--excellent colors! I recently went to a classic car show and had a blast shooting everything I saw. Then I went to a Model T show that was near my house--I went 3 different times and shot tons. I discovered I really enjoy shooting those classic cars--lots of colors and angles and shapes to play with.

FYI, please take a look at my car gallery if you are interested--you can get to it via the Galleries link on my site. I will be looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks for sharing,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    thanks for the responses you two. much appreciated. how could I crop #1 to make it better?
    Biggest thing is to eliminate the people on the left side and then crop for composition.

An example:
    313933029_hz9D3-L.jpg
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    I like your shots--excellent colors! I recently went to a classic car show and had a blast shooting everything I saw. Then I went to a Model T show that was near my house--I went 3 different times and shot tons. I discovered I really enjoy shooting those classic cars--lots of colors and angles and shapes to play with.

FYI, please take a look at my car gallery if you are interested--you can get to it via the Galleries link on my site. I will be looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks for sharing,
    Lauren

I took a look at your car photos and they are fantastic! i love th one of the car doors all up.

And skippy, how could I improve my comp? I am hoping to shoot cars again so I'd love to know, since this was my first time. thanks.
    www.hankschlessphoto.com

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Biggest thing is to eliminate the people on the left side and then crop for composition.

An example:
    313933029_hz9D3-L.jpg
    The original and this crop are both good, but for different reasons. The crop makes this a better picture of the car. The original includes some of the environment the shot was taken in -- a place where people were relaxing and enjoying the cars.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Beautiful !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery