I see you!!!

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited June 13, 2008 in People
...and I know what you do!

312063996_ae2ju-L.jpg

I took this one a few steps further with curves and sharpening...also cleaned up the mascara a tad.

312102781_5VLZd-L.jpg

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Lovely!! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Sweet shot :)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Great shot. The eye needs some work. :D:D
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    awesome!
    Jaye
  • idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Awesome Job Jeff!clap.gif
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Stupidly awesome!!! Ok that's slang for "Outstanding"...according to my 16 year old son.rolleyes1.gif
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    what a cool pic! Awesome job as always!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Are you wearing eye liner again??? Geez.....Laughing.gif Nice shot.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    I talk like a 16 year old according to this thread. I don't want to grow up!
    Interesting and comedic snap! I like it a lot!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    Thanks all....

No eyeliner for me Swartzy...this is my daughter....with my reflection in there of course.

This was taken with my Tamron 28-75 lens. Up until January it was my main lens. After I bought my 17-55mmF2.8 Canon I decided to mail it to Tamron to have it calibrated for the XTi body. I have used it very little since, as the 17-55 has taken over as my primary go to lens. I lent it to a co-shooter at a recent wedding, and she had good results. I just thought I would mount it and see how well it performs...I am thinking...agonizing really about selling it. This was at 75mm...and has also been cropped some...and was taken at a distance of roughly 12". Aperture at F5...hence the out of focus eyelashes.

The 17-55 is a great lens.....better than great really. The agonizing is because I don't have another lens that can give me this kind of macro close focusing and magnification.

So.....I am going to think about it over the weekend!!!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Thanks all....

No eyeliner for me Swartzy...this is my daughter....with my reflection in there of course.

This was taken with my Tamron 28-75 lens. Up until January it was my main lens. After I bought my 17-55mmF2.8 Canon I decided to mail it to Tamron to have it calibrated for the XTi body. I have used it very little since, as the 17-55 has taken over as my primary go to lens. I lent it to a co-shooter at a recent wedding, and she had good results. I just thought I would mount it and see how well it performs...I am thinking...agonizing really about selling it. This was at 75mm...and has also been cropped some...and was taken at a distance of roughly 12". Aperture at F5...hence the out of focus eyelashes.

The 17-55 is a great lens.....better than great really. The agonizing is because I don't have another lens that can give me this kind of macro close focusing and magnification.

So.....I am going to think about it over the weekend!!!
    Jeff, do what I've decided to do - keep it. If for not other reason than the macro capability. Besides, with doing commercial work, you need backups of everything and the 28-75 makes a very good backup for the (my) 17-55.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 13, 2008
    Jeff, do what I've decided to do - keep it. If for not other reason than the macro capability. Besides, with doing commercial work, you need backups of everything and the 28-75 makes a very good backup for the (my) 17-55.

15524779-Ti.gif It's small and light--easy to keep in your bag even if you don't expect to be using it. Doesn't have a whole lot of resale value either.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008

I am going on a mission trip next weekend with 50 teenagers. Maybe I will take it and force myself to use it....and delay my decision until I return.ne_nau.gif

It is good for detail shots at weddings...and for infants....and candids....and...